The Tronic News

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
puma.
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: The Tronic News

Post by puma. »

Vogue wrote:there is literally no news in tron and this will die very soon, i give it a few weeks before its dead
:mrgreen:
Last edited by puma. on Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
puma.
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by puma. »

[Anonymous] wrote:Vogue is just another imbecile but together as the Tron community we once were, we can change him for the better!!!!!!!!
lol.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Hoax wrote:Not everyone checks here and there's definitely a void since the last one went down
If it was more like an informal hub with a more casual approach to topics etc. there would be more activity on it
Something like an amalgamation of the blog format with no register comments and reddit style disscussion/topic variety, if that exists
That was kinda my idea, and yes you do not have to register, or even provide an email address to comment. I deliberately am allowing comments to just appear by whoever wants to post them. Of course, your comments will be meaningful to the community if you use a name that you are known by. But the ability to leave anonymous comments is there by design.
And just because there is not a lot of news of people being recruited etc, does not mean that there are not stories to report on that are not covered in the forums. And there is plenty we could discuss there. There is now a new article " What kinds of guidelines do you think server moderators should have?" on http://www.tronic.news
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Vogue wrote: that was amazing, whoever made that should bring it back
Please no. LOL

:) :cry: :roll:
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Everytime we try to make a way for tron players to all interact it always ends up as an elitist clusterfuck one way or the other. As a group we just dont play well with each other unless its smashing each others faces. Theres been a tron irc channel for a decade or so, its basically never used. Lots of robots in there though.

For a good example of our collective fail, look at the forums, we all suck together.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

There is truth to what you are saying, /dev/null. But, I am doing this anyway. As I stated earlier, a big reason I am doing this is just because I want to and it seems fun.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

kyle wrote:
Vogue wrote:there is literally no news in tron and this will die very soon, i give it a few weeks before its dead
If tron is dead or almost dead, then why are you here? Why do you continue to play the ladle? Why do you continue to post on the forums? You are not trying to revive it, but yet deep down it seams as if you care about tron and want it to live on, so quit being so condescending towards the game. Do something to make it stay. You may be shunned by the fort community right now, but if you change your overall attitude and outlook towards the game, maybe they will let you back in.
Actually, i contributed positively to the ladle for many years until angry people with pitchforks made an emotional decision, most of them regretting it, led by sinewav..

in other words

this game can't die fast enough
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

most of them regretting it
huh?
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

If you are gonna angry rage post, at least add some local color to it, ****.

Kids these days.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

@Liz

At the time, I actually thought that a 12 month ban for you was too long for the offense commited (I'd have gone for 6 months). The problem is that not only do you show no sign of remorse for any of your offenses but you also continue to commit other, even worse offenses such as verbally abusing Chrisd for no good reason.
Playing since December 2006
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

Monkey wrote:@Liz

At the time, I actually thought that a 12 month ban for you was too long for the offense commited (I'd have gone for 6 months). The problem is that not only do you show no sign of remorse for any of your offenses but you also continue to commit other, even worse offenses such as verbally abusing Chrisd for no good reason.
Monkey has a point. Maybe think of the community before fvcking us all over. Targeting Chrisd is weak. Tell me something, Would you pick on a guy in a wheelchair in real life? You're honestly sick liz. Selfish prick!
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Double elimination was brought up in the ladle 100 topic and you probably have to read a lot of text to catch up on the discussion (not even got round to it myself for example)
A tl;dr of the whole thing would be an example of something that could be written on the blog and what we're missing out on since it was down, as I think there would have been some discussion about it on there already

Also gene the site looks basic and unfinished right now even if there is some content there, definitely get it looking better and provide a few links etc. or It'll just go the way of the 'new competition forums' - not that I can help with that.... /me looks at venom & co.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Leave it to Hoax to provide the real kind of constructive criticism that is good stuff. I am working on a better design. I just got it up there so that I can post. I just have been crazy busy for the last 2 weeks. Thanks for an idea for a good post.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Newest post: What kind of moderation compguygene thinks works best

http://www.tronic.news

Good comments on the last post. I am looking forward to the comments on this one.