Call to server owners: Global Ban of Vogue

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Call to server owners: Global Ban of Vogue

Post by Z-Man »

Can I ask everyone to stay civilized about this? Well, everyone except the trolls themselves, obviously.
dinobro
Average Program

Post by dinobro »

Sine, can you stop personally attacking people and make snarky, passive-aggressive comments?
I thought that was exactly the behaviour you so strongly oppose?

Really though, I get that Nara is oppressed damsel in distress, but comparing few silly comments on some silly internet game isn't really something to be so dramatic about. That "social justice" crusade against fellow tron players is just so beyond reasonable and logical response to what's going on.

Yes, abuse is bad, if you can't distance yourself trolling is also bad but that has been successfully foreseen by almost every multiplayer/e-social environment creators. And they have your remedy.
It's called ignore/mute/silence option.

Yes, I get it. You are all the pillars of justice and pinnacle of correct judgement, but maybe tron isn't the time and place to try to change everything. Get over yourselves and stop creating drama where there isn't one.

And even I'm saying so, a pretty dedicated feminist.

Cheerio.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

<snip>

Thanks to all the troublemakers for illustrating the problem right here on the forums and reinforcing the points nara, chrisd, Monkey, and others have made. Good job.
Last edited by Z-Man on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate assumption deleted.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

I feel far too much time was spent here complaining that could have been used more wisely killing cycles.
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

dinobro wrote:Sine, can you stop personally attacking people and make snarky, passive-aggressive comments?
I thought that was exactly the behaviour you so strongly oppose?

Really though, I get that Nara is oppressed damsel in distress, but comparing few silly comments on some silly internet game isn't really something to be so dramatic about. That "social justice" crusade against fellow tron players is just so beyond reasonable and logical response to what's going on.

Yes, abuse is bad, if you can't distance yourself trolling is also bad but that has been successfully foreseen by almost every multiplayer/e-social environment creators. And they have your remedy.
It's called ignore/mute/silence option.

Yes, I get it. You are all the pillars of justice and pinnacle of correct judgement, but maybe tron isn't the time and place to try to change everything. Get over yourselves and stop creating drama where there isn't one.

And even I'm saying so, a pretty dedicated feminist.

Cheerio.
What kind of a failure of a feminist tells other women their experiences of sexism are not important, even when they (I) am saying it is? Who are you to judge what instances of sexism are worth addressing and which are not? Even if you have experienced sexism on the Internet, can you speak for the experiences of all who have? Seriously.

Since apparently sexism on the Internet is not a deal to you (and therefore shouldn't be to anyone else on the Internet, regardless of their own experiences), I hope you are out there saving women from getting stoned to death or punish-raped, since I would agree those are more dire instances of sexism.

And how sexist of you to call me a damsel in distress when all I've done is speak out/taken measures against sexism/other forms of discrimination that I'm expected to accept, and brought it up as an issue in this community, both to a good amount of opposition and my own inconvenience. This post was actually created by Chrisd, who had his own complaints, but of course as a woman I am just a damsel in distress playing the victimization card.

Also, rather stupid of you to make the "Tron isn't the place to try to change everything" therefore we shouldn't attempt to change anything argument, or understand that you can indeed do more than one thing at a time, sometimes even online AND offline at the same time! Yes, you can care about sexism on the Internet AND in real life!

Basically, I was done with this topic, but seeing you are a Pretty Dedicated Feminist I was a little irked to see you declaring an experience of sexism not your own as not important, and suggesting it is the women's responsibility to shield themselves from sexism instead of wanting to stop sexism itself.

Do better.
dinobro
Average Program

Post by dinobro »

Took you a while to come up with that response. :snail:
What kind of a failure of a feminist tells other women their experiences of sexism are not important, even when they (I) am saying it is?
I will humour you - the kind that doesn't scream "MALE OPPRESSION!" when a guy looks at me for longer than 10 seconds.

In other words: Not everything you consider as sexism is in fact... sexism. Groundbreaking observation, I know. Anyhow, I will be very excited for the next two weeks, patiently awaiting your response. Though rather use the PM system next time.
Savage
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Savage »

Pahah, ya'll niggas needs lives, comin on the deadest games' forum jus too bitch
Image Image Image Image Image
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

:sdot:
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Jonathan wrote:It's worth pointing out that people who claim words are valueless tend to have dark tetrad traits. Remember this so you can quickly gauge people before you might end up in a situation where you're subservient to their sadistic pleasure.
Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People
nara wrote:What kind of a failure of a feminist....
The kind who actually believes Christina Hoff Sommers is a feminist, that "equity feminism" is a thing, and that sexism ended when women got the vote. The kind who likely hasn't read any actual feminist literature, but has read lots of anti-feminist and probably MRA screeds. That is, the kind of feminist that isn't. In other words, a typical kind of internet/gamer moron. Sadly, not even as bad as they come.