Call to server owners: Global Ban of Vogue

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
chrisd
Round Winner

Call to server owners: Global Ban of Vogue

Post by chrisd »

Dear Server Owners,

As you may know, I have urged all server owners before to institute a global ban of Vogue. Today it became clear once more why this is necessary. I was in Empha Sumo Bar today when Vogue entered. Since I had not seen her in a long time I hoped that she had improved her ways and I said nothing about or to her. This hope turned out to be false. Without any provocation she started sending me abusive private chats in the style of 'dirty homo' and 'pedo'. When I informed the other people present, she pretended nothing was going on. Please be aware that this is going on and do the appropriate thing on your respective servers. Personally, I think the only appropriate measure for a person who has been abusing lots and lots of different people over the years all over tron is a global ban on all servers.

I have also sent a PM to Empha about this because this took place in empha sumo bar.

All the best,
Chrisd
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Call to server owners: Global Ban of Vogue

Post by Word »

Just like in nara's topic, I'd recommend you wait until you have real proof that it was her. Doesn't sound like her style at all to me. Unless she has gone completely bonkers after the ladle ban wasn't lifted.
chrisd
Round Winner

Post by chrisd »

Word wrote:Just like in nara's topic, I'd recommend you wait until you have real proof that it was her. Doesn't sound like her style at all to me. Unless she has gone completely bonkers after the ladle ban wasn't lifted.
Seriously.... just as in the case of pressure.... it is 100% typical of her.

You have notice that you were also wrong in the case of pressure, right?
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

it was me, i'm trolling chrisd because he polls me for no reason everytime i enter a server (not in emphas because he didn't notice i was there)

hey chrisd i notice you didn't call for a global ban for pressure when you saw what he said in a server the other day??????? #sexism2015
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

chrisd wrote:You have notice that you were also wrong in the case of pressure, right?
Maybe I don't want to participate in a witch-hunt every time someone accuses someone else on arma forums without knowing the context, regardless if my personal expectation later turns out to be right or false. As for the other topic, I believed that someone harassed nara, but I had never witnessed pressure acting like that. Granted, Liz has admitted it now (sort of), but you see that she also claims that it's somewhat your own fault. So how are people going to make an informed decision? I didn't rule out the possibilty that it was pressure, but it was just guesswork for anyone who wasn't there, so I waited.
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

Send me his IP. The only available servers I have , WABBITFIGHT as well as my Area 51 (Server still in testing), he will immediately be banned from. One thing I hate most is an abusive snot nose troll running new players away.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Yay! Another thread about Liz! Kinda makes my habit of checking this forum daily something to look forward to.

*grabs popcorn*

sure hope Z-Man doesn't lock this one too early. and where the hell is phyto lately?
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I'm totally down for a global ban if only to work out the feasibility. If you have her IP I'll add it to my growing personal list of bans.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

knock yourself out, idiots
TheRealTweezy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by TheRealTweezy »

Wow..... does text really hurt that bad?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

TheRealTweezy wrote:Wow..... does text really hurt that bad?
Yes, it does. Here is one of countless examples of text that hurt(s) people: Three-Fifths Compromise. It deals with how to define a slave in the early United States. Their recognition of person-hood and not property existed only as a political tool. That's a pretty harmful piece of text. Put yourself in the shoes of a slave and imagine how that feels.

Now put yourself in the shoes of someone who is constantly told they are inferior because of their race, gender, or sexual orientation. Or go a step further and imagine a time when anyone hurt your feelings with something they said.

Text encapsulates ideas, and ideas can be very, very hurtful. When considering "thoughts, words, and actions" many people wrongly believe there is a disconnect between "words, and action" when in fact words are a type of action (it's not a stage in-between). Threatening to kill someone will land you in jail whether you took action or not.

Recognizing that words are harmful is the first step toward developing empathy, which is essential for a functioning society.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

It's worth pointing out that people who claim words are valueless tend to have dark tetrad traits. Remember this so you can quickly gauge people before you might end up in a situation where you're subservient to their sadistic pleasure.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
TheRealTweezy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by TheRealTweezy »

Ever heard of the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT" the caps was for you sine.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

TheRealTweezy wrote:Ever heard of the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT" the caps was for you sine.
Someone's mad. (and it isn't me...)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

aP|Nelg wrote:
TheRealTweezy wrote:Ever heard of the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT" the caps was for you sine.
Someone's mad. (and it isn't me...)
Yeah I wonder if it was my words that made him react that way? Weird. And as usual, relevant xkcd.

Also, we've known for many years now that the old "sticks and stones" adage is empty of real meaning. Welcome to the 21st Century where trite, ignorant sayings evaporate under the eye of science.