It's really not about him

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

It's really not about him

Post by Word »

Talked to pressure on the grid. His version goes like this (summary): He was in a HR server and played against some other players who were discussing the color code of a player named OMGhedhunter. He made fun of them by just using that color and renaming to WTFCunthunter. He later entered Sumo and nara polled him, but it's important to him that he didn't directly mean to insult nara before that and doesn't get what all the fuss is about (he thinks nara is lying because he just doesn't get how his name was offensive, as I understand it). He thinks she started it. He doesn't really think that what he did was wrong or harmful. I'm not defending him here, I just think it's a little more complicated. I also made some screenshots of our conversation (I asked, he didn't mind), but I don't think it'll add much. It should just be considered that feels unjustly treated himself.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Just in case you think it's no big deal

Post by sinewav »

That actually sounds like the PreSsure I know, and you're right, it's probably complicated. I hope both of them can apologize to each other to an acceptable degree and we can move on, being a little more sensitive to each other.
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

"Didn't directly mean to insult nara" lol. I guess by this he meant the 20-30 minutes he spent insulting me in very sexist ways under multiple names.

There is nothing complicated. I have spelled out exactly how it went down. If you're still looking for another version, I know what you think.

I'm pretty much done with this. At this point either you're okay with sexism or you aren't. I'm open to more discussion about concrete steps anyone wants to do about this, but beyond that you're free to think what you want.
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

nara wrote:"Didn't directly mean to insult nara" lol. I guess by this he meant the 20-30 minutes he spent insulting me in very sexist ways under multiple names.
GRANDMASTERPRESSURE wrote:BUT MAYBE... if you had boyfriend, he could help you get the sand out of your vag, ya f**king brat, troll.
Word wrote:I'm not defending him here, I just think it's a little more complicated.
lol'ing
GRANDMASTERPRESSURE

Post by GRANDMASTERPRESSURE »

nara wrote:
nara wrote:"Didn't directly mean to insult nara" lol. I guess by this he meant the 20-30 minutes he spent insulting me in very sexist ways under multiple names.
Umm no, by using the name C*nthunter (which had nothing to do with you). Not everything is about you, princess. The rest of it was directed at you and deservedly so. You dish it, expect it back. If you're gonna dish it and you're not prepared to take it when it comes back to you, It's time to go offline. Now stop it with your lies, nobody cares.

I think you missed a little bit of sand, honey. :oops:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Last edited by GRANDMASTERPRESSURE on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

Way to edit your post from a simple sexist line into something cuter Press. Maybe if you troll hard enough it will cover your actual sexism.
GRANDMASTERPRESSURE

Post by GRANDMASTERPRESSURE »

nara wrote:Way to edit your post from a simple sexist line into something cuter Press. Maybe if you troll hard enough it will cover your actual sexism.
Maybe if you keep stacking your lies up you'll forget just how full of shit you are. Thanks for calling me cute, though. But I'm not gonna be your boyfriend so move along.

SEXISTSEXISTSEXISTSEXISTSEXISTSEXISTSEXISTSEXISTSEXIST!!!!!!wahhhhh!

nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

First, you are such a liar lol. If by "dishing it out" you mean me commenting it is ironic when you yourself ask the server why everyone on the grid are f******. Why ask when you don't want an answer?

Second, me answering your question does not give you the right to insult me with very, very sexist insults for an extended period of time.

You chose to insult or troll a player on the grid with extreme sexism, and it just happened to be me. No one can make you own up to it. As history/politics show, people are very capable of complete bullshit.
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

Amazingly though, after what I have described and your own comments in this thread, people are still not sure if you're REALLY sexist or just misunderstood. It is just unbelievable that someone like you could be sexist Press! I wouldn't worry if I were you, I obviously shouldn't have made this a problem, if you want to use language provided by society to put me down specifically as a woman, you should be free to as a troll, goddamnit!

Everyone disperse, this thread was a false alarm, sexism is NOT real on the Internet or in real life, and we should all just learn to get along and deal with things.

I sincerely apologize for disrupting the way things are, and hope everyone will be able to carry on as usual.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I'm shocked. I never would have expected this level of harassment from him. I guess I got lucky and never witnessed his horrible side, and luckier still that I can see today and know to avoid him.
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

Sine, I don't care about sides. I don't care what people do with him. I actually knew you would respond to my last post lol. I wrote the last post because a) everything I said was true of the predominant mindset in this community and b) I think the sarcasm was hilarious.

I'm done with this thread - I raised this as a problem, and I'm willing to contribute to increasing moderation on the grid, which with the number of trolls on the grid nowadays I think is to everyone's benefit. I was only ever personally invested because I wanted to improve this game, but if people aren't interested or don't think it's necessary it also doesn't really matter to me.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

It's early morning and I don't have the time to read this. Temporary lock.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: It's really not about him

Post by Z-Man »

Split this part from http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... =2&t=24277 and kept the lock. Banned the troll account again for longer. For the purpose of moderation here, I don't care too much about what goes on on the grid, what happens here is what matters.
Word wrote:He made fun of them by just using that color and renaming to WTFCunthunter.
Word wrote:He doesn't really think that what he did was wrong or harmful.
Well, that would be his problem right there if you ask me.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: It's really not about him

Post by Lucifer »

I know it's bad form to reply to a locked thread, but there was something missing that I thought was worth mentioning (if Durf's watching, he'd consider this post an abuse of mod powers, ;) ).

The word "Cunthunter", in particular the word "****", is derogatory. It doesn't mean the same thing as "Player", which, in a "trying to get laid" context is still derogatory to women, because it specifically calls out women as being someone to hunt and hurt, likely through sex but not required.

If Pressure doesn't realize that (ignoring all the harassment involved as well), then he's practicing casual sexism.

If you read his name and didn't see that, you are also practicing casual sexism.

Since this thread is locked, feel free to PM me with responses if you really feel it's necessary. If I get enough that look like we need a new thread, I'll create it and we can talk out in the open. If I get harassment, I'll create a thread to highlight the harassers.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden