Unfortunate Bad Manners

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
TWeeTY

Unfortunate Bad Manners

Post by TWeeTY »

HI,

I'd like to vent a bit about a certain player who claims to be part of the development team, uses a obsene name much of the time, claims to do drugs as he plays, and abuses everyone regularly (a flaming troll). I think most at the mudpuddle know this character .. so, I won't out his name here.

Though I'm known as Tweety from as far back as 2003, I play now with a few other aliases ie. ZenTronic, I'ts Me!, Spartacus, & nemesis. I'm also one of the mods at the Mudpuddle .. Suffice it to say, I've been around Tron for awhile and I know many of the old crew. They know who I'm venting about because he certainly stretches the limits of good taste and propriety, and he's gotten away with it for a long time. If anyone tries to correct him, he accuses them of Sh&& talking when, in fact, he's usually the only one doing it. He brags about being friends with the developers of this game .. and he may be. If so, maybe someone should rebuke him for talking about his drinking behaviors and about making drugs. Not very healthy conversation during a tron game.

We certainly do not need the shenanigans this particular well-known player exhibits. It isn't edifying or encouraging. Trash talking, and bullying should have no place in tron. Most players ignore him, but it can be hard and annoying because of his constant stream of inane conversation (much of which contains obscenities and ill - will. He claimed at this forum that he was trying to attract players to tron .. ugh .. if this is his methodology .. wow, not a very good one.

Otherwise, thanks to Z-man, and all the developers of this wonderful game. I have been at it for over 10 years, and I admit I'm still a noob when it comes to skills .. what a fabulous challenge it provides.

In The Bonds of Tron

TWeeTY
Last edited by TWeeTY on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: Unfortunate Bad Manners

Post by Ratchet »

First of all, thanks for taking the time to maturely address the situation and bring it to the attention of the community.

However, perhaps this wasn't the best method. I wouldn't advise submitting a vague, public complaint towards an anonymous person. I would advise, though, that you message Z-Man personally at this link with proper documentation of this occurrence (or repeating occurrences) and supplying him with as much information as possible.

From what I've gathered, he's pretty good at handling these kinds of things ;)
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

TWeeTY wrote:Most players ignore him...
As you should too. All us old players know who this is and there is nothing you can do about his behavior. If you want to use your mod powers to silence or kick or ban him, go ahead, but nothing you do will stop him from showing up in The Puddle and kicking ass — which is a good thing because he is one of the few players there who provide any sort of challenge. Also, his name changes and taunting are so outrageous I find them more funny than disturbing. Besides, there are much more harmful characters in this game who, because of their popularity, get a free pass to cause trouble. You know the best way to handle this guy? Stay focused and play better than him. Good luck. You'll need it.
TWeeTY

Post by TWeeTY »

Sinewav, I couldn't agree more ..
TWeeTY

Post by TWeeTY »

and Ratchet -- no need for that .. this is well known by all .. I'm venting is all .. let it be what it may ..
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

I can only hope this about me.

Sorry if I pissed you off man, really isnt my goal.
Being ridiculous is my goal, and I feel that I often meet it.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

/dev/null wrote:I can only hope this about me.
It is. I was there last night under alias.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Boot him as much as you need to. He gets bored eventually.

One time, i ended up using iptables to ban the entire subnet he was using. He showed up a few days later at a friend's house and we had a great time playing. I forgot about the ban for months, until i joined his server and he reminded me I'd banned half of Detroit.

I'm not condoning his behavior, just acknowledging he's a kid that needs frequent time outs.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Shit, I only got you to ban one city? I was slacking.

I do get bored eventually. The best way to shut me up is to kick my ass. I only play tron for the challenge.

Also, you are probably the only admin ive met that knows how to use their firewall. Its kind of sad. I rarely have to use a proxy.

Remeber caocao, and his enjoyment using the ripbug to crash servers. I enjoyed eating him. He was delicious.