New Gametype - Snake Survival

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Matoso
Average Program

Re: New Gametype - Snake Survival

Post by Matoso »

awesome game mode! gj!

what about making it multiplayer?
have a timer count down and the one who gets the longest tail within 1 minute wins the game!

EDIT: is this even possible? can walls grow individually or is this a global command?
Albert Einstein wrote:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

I think Light said it's a global command.

I really like this server, even though I can't break the top 10 <_<

Off topic, I notice your name is Light on here and Kira in game, assuming that a Death Note reference? :p
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

ppotter wrote:I think Light said it's a global command.
Yep. It would require a server and client upgrade for that, which Lover talked about before, but not sure if he put it in +ap or not.
ppotter wrote:Off topic, I notice your name is Light on here and Kira in game, assuming that a Death Note reference? :p
Yep (:
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

I suppose a multiplayer version is possible where all players' walls grow at +5, and the one with the most points wins. (The end rounds when there's 1 or less players alive, but that player wouldn't necessarily have the best score)... I'd play it, but it would need some tweaking to get the right arena size. I think 4 players max.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Titanoboa wrote:The end rounds when
flies pig.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Brilliant!
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Titanoboa wrote:I suppose a multiplayer version is possible where all players' walls grow at +5, and the one with the most points wins. (The end rounds when there's 1 or less players alive, but that player wouldn't necessarily have the best score)... I'd play it, but it would need some tweaking to get the right arena size. I think 4 players max.
You mean a kind of sumo but with a wall instead of a zone and growing tails instead of reducing zone?
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Jonathan wrote:
Titanoboa wrote:The end rounds when
flies pig.
Hah, oops.
takburger wrote:You mean a kind of sumo but with a wall instead of a zone and growing tails instead of reducing zone?
Well, no. Because just like in singleplayer snake, and unlike sumo, it's all about getting from A to B as quickly as possible. And it'd be quite messy (in a good way!) too with people trying to block and stuff. I suppose in the end of the round it'll be similar to sumo in a way, as people will try to get a space advantage. Anyway I think it's different enough to give it a try ^^
Light

Post by Light »

Titanoboa wrote:Well, no. Because just like in singleplayer snake, and unlike sumo, it's all about getting from A to B as quickly as possible. And it'd be quite messy (in a good way!) too with people trying to block and stuff. I suppose in the end of the round it'll be similar to sumo in a way, as people will try to get a space advantage. Anyway I think it's different enough to give it a try ^^
I'll see about tryin' it maybe Wednesday? I need time off work to do it. :P I get a whole 1 day off this week. :(
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

How can I get an average of 9.36? Isn't the maximum points per fruit 9?
Attachments
2014-02-08_16-20-34.png
Light

Post by Light »

The max is 10 pts per fruit.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

That confused me at first too, since the original snake game had 9 points max in the hardest difficulty level.