black wall?

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
DawZ
On Lightcycle Grid

black wall?

Post by DawZ »

someone told me that they had a black trail (wall) (actual black). a lot of people say that it is impossible to have black. that the closest you can get is color_r_1 0 color_b_1 0 color_g_1 0, witch is actually very far off. i never seen someone with one, but i heard of it and its supost to be a very hard one to find. some people don't think it exists. does anyone know if it does? does anyone know it?
DawZ
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Re: black wall?

Post by ConVicT »

If you actually understood how RGB works you'd realise that of course it's impossible.
As for R-0, G-0, and B-0 being closest, I'd say no it would have to be R-9, G-9, and B-9.
I'd also say that R-15, G-15, and B-15 is the same as R-0, G-0, and B-0 except one makes your name have a white box (don't remember which)
DawZ
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by DawZ »

ok, i understand. i just wanted to know because it would be pretty cool to have a black trail.
DawZ
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

It would also be a disadvantage/advantage (whatever way you want to look at it) considering the grid is black lol
DawZ
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by DawZ »

true, you would be almost invisible. but if you have a move pack, with a different color grid (like blue for example (its what i have)), you would be able to see yourself, but anyone with the default grid would not. :twisted:
DawZ
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Which, if you stop for a second to think, will lead you to the answer of your original question.

You CAN have black walls locally no problem, though. Just install a black wall texture.