The time is right

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

The time is right

Post by /dev/null »

Seems about time to remove rubber from the game entirely, almost no one uses it anymore. All of the servers where you can die due to rubber are rarely played anymore. Might as well remove it from the game. Bumper pool is a go.
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

Re: The time is right

Post by XzL.Smart »

Then I suppose it's very weird that, at this very moment, there are more than 50 people playing on servers that use a lot of rubber, and less than 20 people playing on servers with little to no rubber. So very weird...(Have a picture)

Removing features like that at this point would only drive parts of the community away, and not help the game at all.
Moofie
Core Dumper

Post by Moofie »

Remove rubber... I know High Rubber and such is generally looked down upon, but I mean, even sumo and fort use a little rubber. This would pretty much change the entire game.
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

The time is right to stop posting such useless posts about trolling another post... learn 2 troll bitches
Kappa
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

RoterBaron1337 wrote:The time is right to stop posting such useless posts about trolling another post... learn 2 troll bitches
^

Just a pointless post, /dev/null.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

You're misinterpreting him!
/dev/null wrote:All of the servers where you can die due to rubber are rarely played anymore.
He clearly does not want to remove rubber as in "make all servers zero rubber". He wants to eliminate the possibility to die due to rubber running out. So, remove it by making it infinite.
Kinda Slow
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Kinda Slow »

Z-Man wrote:You're misinterpreting him!
/dev/null wrote:All of the servers where you can die due to rubber are rarely played anymore.
He clearly does not want to remove rubber as in "make all servers zero rubber". He wants to eliminate the possibility to die due to rubber running out. So, remove it by making it infinite.
Ooh.. Infinite Rubber! A Dream Come True!
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Z-Man wrote:You're misinterpreting him!
Well, since Z-Man brought infinite rubber up, I feel like expanding on something I've implemented in Alpha Project's builds.

I have tried meddling with infinite rubber settings like having

Code: Select all

CYCLE_RUBBER_TIME 0
and then making certain commands, such as Alpha Project - Commands#CYCLE_RUBBER_DEPLETE_Commands. Those commands only exist in our Alpha Project Builds (Revision 808) but I haven't gone into full testing with those commands for infinite rubber yet even though I know it can be achieved.

I am, however, not completely sure how the

Code: Select all

CYCLE_RUBBER [amount]
would affect the whole picture if the commands, stated above, would be factored into this kind of idea. -ve values obviously cause cycles/bikes on grid to perish instantly and if you have positive values... not entirely sure... Rubber being at 0 might work but again, there is the damned business with glitches and lag kills... Haven't seen one in a while but I know lag kills do happen often in some server (occasionally).
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

No need: By making rubber 1000000000000000000000000 (or 1e7364) it will last you weeks before running out. In this case, that's infinite. Ergo, there is no need to change rubber depletion or decay.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

XzL.Smart wrote:(Have a picture)
Illegal Exit (1 rubber) is high rubber?
Skytower Sumo Bar is high rubber while coebko's sumo bar and uNk fortress aren't? They all use 5 rubber and the same physics.
Cheers (10 rubber), Tron Trek (10 rubber) and Aurora I (8 rubber) isn't high rubber?
There's probably more that I missed.
BTD
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by BTD »

time is right for world peace... but that doesnt work either :pacman: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot:
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

Post by XzL.Smart »

Titanoboa wrote:
XzL.Smart wrote:(Have a picture)
Illegal Exit (1 rubber) is high rubber?
Skytower Sumo Bar is high rubber while coebko's sumo bar and uNk fortress aren't? They all use 5 rubber and the same physics.
Cheers (10 rubber), Tron Trek (10 rubber) and Aurora I (8 rubber) isn't high rubber?
There's probably more that I missed.
I've never played on most of those servers, so I was just going off what I thought they were. I was bound to make mistakes
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

delinquent wrote:No need: By making rubber 1000000000000000000000000 (or 1e7364) it will last you weeks before running out. In this case, that's infinite. Ergo, there is no need to change rubber depletion or decay.
Well that's another way I guess :)
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

forgive me if im being an idiot but wouldnt that make everyone invincible? and therefore make the game pointless?
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

No, it would get rid of the time that you have to dig, ergo instant death on hitting a wall.