The hacker who didn't cover up his tracks well enough.

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
TaZ
Round Winner

The hacker who didn't cover up his tracks well enough.

Post by TaZ »

As some of you guys might have heard, our forums got deleted. I automatically expected it had something to do with brok3n, but I had no proof at all until I dug a little bit deeper. First off, he pretended to be w33d in our server. He said he couldn't change his password, so Gazelle reset it to 123. The ip's match that of brokens(24.128.104.215, http://generalconsumption.org/irc/armag ... 2012.05.26). After than incident, he registered as a tron player named SoaR on our forums. Notice the ip and email address. http://i.imgur.com/83KdH.png Next he made a fake application to mym with links redirecting to some rickroll site. Liz then proceeded to ban the imposter. Days after, brok3n decided to impostor Appleseed on our irc. He pretended to be appleseed for 20 minutes and said that he changed email addresses.

Basically, Brok3n went through the trouble of making a gmail account that was similar to appleseed's real email, except he added one letter to the email address. Eckz changed appleseed's email address and broken was able to gain access to our forums. The thing Brok3n did do right was he used a web proxy(173.224.119.174). But he seems to forget that he registered as Zimblunk on our forums. The thing is broken, once we banned your ip, you logged in using the proxy that you deleted our forums with(173.224.119.174). That's where you went wrong. This is like a whole new level of obsession. Anyone who says brok3n wouldn't do that, obviously doesn't know his character.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: The hacker who didn't cover up his tracks well enough.

Post by epsy »

So, while you prove fairly decently that Brok3n is involved in breaking your forum platform, wtf does Soul have to do with this?

If everybody can learn one lesson from this it is not to trust someone until they have proven who they are. A nickname is not enough.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Taz: could you back up the second part too? I mean, if you happen to have a backup anywhere. I'd also find it necessary to ask other server owners (rx, CT, Ww) to determine if that was actually him. Maybe that person covered his tracks better than you think and just used his name for most of his actions.

(I'm not going to defend Broken for what he did, if he did it - but I hope we can keep a sense of proportion this time, so this doesn't continue for the next years...)
Last edited by Word on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

Epsy: You're right, I took off soul's name because there isn't anything that shows he's directly related to it. I considered soul brok3n's right hand man, but it's not fair to point the finger without proper proof. Sorry soul.
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

No no no and no. Gaz ****** up by changing the password, Eckz ****** up by changing the email. You DO NOT do this as an admin without solid proof of identity.
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
Kivic
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Kivic »

Interesting, but can I get some screenies? Hard to believe they would change passwords/email so hastily.
Zenith
Average Program

Post by Zenith »

Huh? My email got changed? :?
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

Zenith wrote:Huh? My email got changed? :?
Yes, our admins got outsmarted twice.
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

Tazmania wrote:
They werent outsmarted, somebody just proved how stupid they are.
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

nux wrote:
Tazmania wrote:
They werent outsmarted, somebody just proved how stupid they are.
+1, it was retarded by Eckz and Gazelle to believe any of it, but I think this topic was created to make Brok3n take some responsibility.

Anyways just be careful and don't be stupid is the moral of the story.

I'm over it, life goes on. herrr
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Sorry i even had an mym member come up to me during it.. and the fake weed was in our clan practice lol.. so it was easy to believe.. it was a mistake on my part.. it wouldnt happen again.
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

So apparently Brok3n won't admit it, but it always good to have a direct post from him.

"By now most of you probably know what is going on with the mYm forums. My first goal is to make sure none of this is associated with Redemption. This had nothing to do with Redemption. What is posted on main forums has a partial story, but it is not entirely accurate. I will not be putting off the blame on anyone else, nor revealing anyone who may have been apart of this. I will not be trying to argue with what is posted on the main forums, as I hope that the thread dies quickly and I don’t want anything blown out of proportion. I will also decline to answer any questions you or anyone else may have about this whole ordeal. I hope nobody takes this personally, as I am only trying to put this whole thing out of mind.
In order to accomplish my first goal, changes may have to occur regarding my current position within the clan. However, as of now nothing shall be changed. I will try to keep all of you guys updated. I hope none of you hold this against me personally, as you do not know all the facts, nor can I/will I explain them. Please just try to let this die, as it is not a big deal."

Brok3n, it's about taking responsibility. If you want to explain the full story, feel free to. Explain the whole situation to not only your clan, but mym as to why you decided to delete our forums. They all deserve to know your motives. Nothings going to change brok3n. You're still going to be the same person you always were. Someone who wears a facade and manipulates people. You tried to be sneaky yet again, and you failed. gg, maybe next time.
Flow
Average Program

Post by Flow »

"It's about taking responsibility" I took responsibility and if that wasn't clear I think this is. In my mind this was a little bit of justice exploiting the idiocy of mYm's admins. It's also sad you had to drag clan drama onto the main forums and involve people who didn't need to be involved. I stand by what I did. After putting up with all the trolling over the years from various members of mYm and also seeing what they did to others. It's not really a big deal, I don't know why you're making such a fuss over this. Like Liz said, I'm over it.

Also to clarify things for everybody, I did not delete their forums. I deleted posts on their forums.

I'm done with this now, I hope you don't blow this out of proportion.
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Brok3n mistakes were made with our admins no doubt.. but your motives or "whoevers" to acquire a persons account on our forums to do what was done is ****** up.. Honestly, i dont give a **** what you or the next guy thinks.. Youre a prick, simple as that.

Soul came to me a couple weeks ago and asked if we could solve our differences between our clans.. At first i agreed..

Now i strongly disagree.. because of people like you..

I think most of us in mYm dont hate RD, but we dislike certain people in it. like you for example.. Take your actions somewhere else and honestly you hate that we trolled u or anyone else in the past..

You probably have one of the biggest trolls in your clan atm, congratulations. See you in the ladle buddy, oh wait you only spectate..

Leave my fellow members alone and our forums.. if you have problems with us, come beat us in a tournament.. settle it that way.. dont **** with us anyother way.. or i will have to put weed on you.. kthx have a good one.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Already blown out of proportion.