Tron activity

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Tron activity

Post by Z-Man »

Downloads are starting to pick up a little again, they've been down to about 50% of their normal levels during the past summer:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/armaget ... 2012-09-30
compared to the pretty steady run over the past six years:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/armaget ... 2011-12-31
(I conveniently ignore the peaks for the analysis, of course. There is nothing WE can do to repeat the late 2010/early 2011 peak.)
Just a few more weeks, then I'll have my development/gaming cave ready. Reminds me, I need to check the light store for blue LED bars to put in all the edges.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

The circle I'm a part of (the most important one in tron ofc) has a saying, "nobody ever quits tron". You can lose interest for a while, but you'll always return in the end. Just look at Liza, she came back as a man! The activity is fine, there's a newer generation who play like all day errrday, not too worried about the community dying.

psy, get yo ugly ass back in here.
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

Kijutsu wrote:The circle I'm a part of (the most important one in tron ofc) has a saying, "nobody ever quits tron".
The same is said for every single (good) game, but every one of them ends up dying regardless (the games, not the players).
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

nux wrote:
Kijutsu wrote:The circle I'm a part of (the most important one in tron ofc) has a saying, "nobody ever quits tron".
The same is said for every single (good) game, but every one of them ends up dying regardless (the games, not the players).
No, the players will all end up dying. The game? Debatable.
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

Kijutsu wrote:
nux wrote:
No, the players will all end up dying. The game? Debatable.
The game will die, whether it is because theres no active development, the platform dies, or there are no players left to play. Its not a matter of "will it die?", its a matter of "when will it die?".
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

n will scare everyone away with his platitudes. :wink:
Last edited by Word on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Um, we'll always have tr2n origins.
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

Yeah that's good to hear, I'm definitely in the "can't quit / won't quit" category, I think the gameplay is beautiful and the community is tight, I'm not going anywhere

I'll be able to play once I've hit 10,000 words, I'm currently on 0 D:

In the meanwhile, as always, my love to your families
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

Kijutsu wrote:Just look at Liza, she came back as a man!
0ma joke \o/
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

I see a steady 2-6 new players a week on the few servers I like to play around on. It's usually always been around that mark too.
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

If you want more players to join then make some minor changes to the game client and release a new version. Post on every game related site that a new version has been released and you will see new players. I saw an update posted on gamedev.net back in 2003 and decided to try it out and have been playing ever since.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

This is probably the most active i've seen tron, in a while
Attachments
lelele.PNG