Tron activity

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Re: Tron activity

Post by Goodygumdrops »

Hoax wrote:"competitive" then
What's not competitive about a team of 4 regs and 4 n00bs against another team of 4 regs and 4 n00bs? Come on, find an adjective that you can apply to pickup that's both true and relevant :-P
The once and future "I told you so."
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

-enter pickup sumo, "why are you losers not playing fort?", "no one would add for fort"
-enter emphs sumo, "fort?" "yeah", "I'll play", "ok fort", no one comes
-enter rz sumo, "fort?" 2 people come, (making a new topic about sine prefering to sumo later)
-get tk'd at start of second round

I think everyone just wants to play sumo

Also realised very little that is said here that gets turned into actions anyway (even if it's their own words) so everyone should probably stop putting effort into discussion here and just play the game
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Hoax wrote:I think everyone just wants to play sumo
In other words, there's plenty of activity, just not in the specific type of game mode some of you want. Thread should be renamed.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Hoax wrote:(making a new topic about sine prefering to sumo later)
No you wont. :P
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Now that these servers are up I played a few rounds there with many others. But if it's supposed to attract new players you need to remove ALL boundaries I'd say. People still need to press ESC and switch to a team to play. I wouldn't even include that. most players there already know fortress.

During the 2 hours I spent there, at least 10 people entered and couldn't play even though someone told them how to get in a team...

People who don't grind will get teamkilled or suspended anyway, and some of them will learn it just to prove they don't need to get kicked. Just set auto_team to 1 and remove the obligation to authenticate (if it isn't already disabled - someone said it wasn't) please.
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

Hoax wrote:-enter pickup sumo, "why are you losers not playing fort?", "no one would add for fort"
-enter emphs sumo, "fort?" "yeah", "I'll play", "ok fort", no one comes
-enter rz sumo, "fort?" 2 people come, (making a new topic about sine prefering to sumo later)
-get tk'd at start of second round

I think everyone just wants to play sumo

Also realised very little that is said here that gets turned into actions anyway (even if it's their own words) so everyone should probably stop putting effort into discussion here and just play the game
I don't think everyone wants to play sumo, just almost everyone. What times are you on lately? Let's 1v1 fort.
The once and future "I told you so."
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

Here are a few summaries of the pickup activity. If anyone can explain the spike in the night from Satursday to Sunday.. :)
alltime.png
weekly.png
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

It got cold and it rained, people come back :P
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

epsy wrote:Here are a few summaries of the pickup activity. If anyone can explain the spike in the night from Satursday to Sunday.. :)
That night we had like 4 kotf games in a row.
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

nux wrote:
epsy wrote:Here are a few summaries of the pickup activity. If anyone can explain the spike in the night from Satursday to Sunday.. :)
That spike is uniquely made of tst and totals a good 25 games.
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

epsy wrote:
nux wrote:
That spike is uniquely made of tst and totals a good 25 games.
Nevermind then.
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Probably because there are so many people who want to play on saturday that tsts are played by those who lost the !add game.
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

It's actually from the time that deso and I joined irc on 4 accounts each and started tsts to take over the !top10 list.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

LOL! you can't prove anything
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

What is the situation currently? I am back at university, and the connection in my new house is simply unplayable, so I can't play at all for the next few months, unfortunately

Have things stayed at a constant, or is it in further decline? I appreciate that there are new players coming through, and perhaps this is the mark of a new 'generation' of fortress and sumo players (again, sorry for sumo/fort-centric analysis), but it seems that the more experienced players have migrated at the same time - either due to individual reasons, or collectively (to pursue other games together, such as LoL), which is a real shame nonetheless