2011 Tronny Awards! Winners Announced!!!

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Re: 2011 Tronny Awards!

Post by Gonzap »

Word wrote:4) How often does this have to be said? We didn't make lists of best players, just ONE best player. You are(n't) on the list because of your efforts, just because the jury members (don't) happen to know you and play in your server.
NOW I know. When I made my first post I thought the list of players was decided by the commitee and it was meant to be SOME of the best playesrs of sumo or whatever else. Not only one. I got over it when I quoted owned, now you have to get over it and see i'm not complaining anymore about not being elected. I'm complaining (just as the whole rest) is the bad organization/senseless picking for every category which origin is actually the new method of picking only 1 player.

That being said, I say bye to this topic.
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

I'm surprised how much controversy this thread has caused!

Being such a subjective concept anyway, it seems that the method of doing this is a little absurd. Surely just giving the listed awards, PM X with your answer for each category and adding up all the votes would be the best option? Maybe include a 'can't vote for yourself & team/clan in the indi/team sections' and set a deadline to vote

I know multiple accounts can be made, and other methods of bumping up a vote can occur, but surely the discernment of the vote counters + no one really cares that much (apart from me, vote psy friendliest tronner 2011!!) would make the vote fair enough

But for all those who are disappointed: I value and cherish each one of you, be happy!
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

@Zap:

I don't know who picked the categories, I just voted. I had done it in a different way as probably everyone had, but maybe next year someone else chooses different categories and we could have the same debate again, so I wouldn't worry about that. It's not displaying my personal preferences, but i'm not going to say that they're right or wrong, good or bad because of that. I got a PM with each category and was supposed to write a name behind it, which I did. I didn't question whether the category itself deserves to be part of the list.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Holy shit so many posts.

@Rudy controversy, yeah he was gone for 4 months, but he won a shitload of stuff at the beginning of the year, and I would think that he would beat some of the current winners if he had stayed around.

It was not biased entirely, a representative from every clan/team that has played more than 3 ladles was chosen, and they all voted for ONE player and ONE clan/team that they thought was the best in each category. If you weren't considered the best by any of the players, you weren't entered. I saw someone mentioned lack and gonzap should be included under best sumoer, but do you honestly think they would win over players like xyron and wap, who have won way more tournaments? It's not simply a matter of nominating all the good sumoers, it's finding the BEST sumoer out of all the tronners present in the community. Same thing goes towards MB, you played a lot of center, sure, but we're talking about all of 2011, and most people would think of Gonzap and Woned as the centers for CT from that whole year, especially in ladles.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Jonathan wrote:To me it just looks like many of you are trying really hard to receive these:
apparition wrote:Needs to get Punched in the Face

Sir Spam-a-Lot

Most Addicted
Haha, nice one. :P

I've got a question, might sound stupid: Who nominated all those people now? I did not really understand who the voters were and who the nominee pickers.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

The first round of voting sent out was left with a blank prompt with all the categories listed. The people selected were able to nominate whoever they wanted and those picks are listed here.
chah
Core Dumper

Post by chah »

First you pretended that your clan was dead, and now this?

Damn CT, your jokes have really sucked lately.
Don't hate the player, hate the entire clan.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

The Secret Committee of Tronicy wishes to state the following:

To be more specific, the Secret Panel chose the categories and then voters from each team that played in 3 or more Ladles. Plus the Committee voted. These 30 people could have nominated anyone for any category. If you weren't nominated, you aren't badass enough to win player of the year for that category.

While some people have valid concerns (2012 vs 2011), the other people who are whining about the nominations (especially for themselves) need to stfu, relax, and take a look deep in their hearts. The Tronnies will never be completely objective; this isn't Play Fortress's Player Rater, and it's not GridStats. These are the mofuggin Tronnies. If you weren't nominated, you either need to be more likable or a lot nicer to your peers (nice enough to get nominated without the skill, ie Tock for Sweeper), or you need to get so good the voters can't ignore you (ie. Liz).

Good luck nominees!!

Sincerely and with the love of Tron,
The Tron Skulls
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

Desolate wrote:It was not biased entirely, a representative from every clan/team that has played more than 3 ladles was chosen, and they all voted for ONE player and ONE clan/team that they thought was the best in each category. If you weren't considered the best by any of the players, you weren't entered. I saw someone mentioned lack and gonzap should be included under best sumoer, but do you honestly think they would win over players like xyron and wap, who have won way more tournaments? It's not simply a matter of nominating all the good sumoers, it's finding the BEST sumoer out of all the tronners present in the community. Same thing goes towards MB, you played a lot of center, sure, but we're talking about all of 2011, and most people would think of Gonzap and Woned as the centers for CT from that whole year, especially in ladles.
That's not really true. In every awards of any kind you always select a bunch of people/teams/whatever you consider the best in each category, look at Oscars, or at Ballon d'Or , there are 4 or 3 nominees and then there's a major vote to select the BEST one. I jsut don't find it logic to select only one instead of a group of 3 maybe 4? you consider the best. Then there's a second round where you vote only between the selected nominees.

Aaand... now i'm really off this thread.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail:
Snail Trail.
Last edited by sinewav on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:roll: Good grief, this thread. You know, it's one thing to hear complaints from people who didn't get nominated, or got nominated for something distasteful, but to hear complaints from people who got nominated in more than one good category is just insane.

New Category: Biggest complainer about previous Tonnies. (Should be a difficult call.)

Can't wait until the winners are announced so we can hear how this year's Tronnies aren't as good as last year's.
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

I just looked i ve played 7 finals (42,43,46,48,49,50,52) and won 4 ladles (46,48,50,52) in 2011, my best year so far :)
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

I wanna complain but then again Woned is right :P (for once) These dont matter its just for fun :D

(secretly cuts his arm from depression...)
ImageImageImageImageImage
DaGarBBaGeMAN
Core Dumper

Post by DaGarBBaGeMAN »

why isn't player 1 the most addicted tronner?
Image -made by az95

Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

My main concern/question is what qualified for a rookie compared to most improved. I don't think the fact that you're pretty good in your 'first' year of major playing gives you the right to be able to be most improved for the year as well. The 'rookies' should not have had a 'base' at the beginning of the year since essentially you're supposed to have no idea how they're going to play. How they develop and how they finish playing will then set a base after x amount of time. Considering tronnies are once a year, that sounds potentially reasonable to me.

Anyway, I really don't think this form of voting anyway. So everyone nominates one person, okay, so whoever got the most nominations wins, right? I don't think that's fair, and the people in the category should be decided by a majority from the community. Depending on the category, there should be 3/4/5 people/teams/whatever nominated. Then let the people who are part of the voters decide among themselves by who was nominated. Simpler, and more community based since this is a community afterall.

Again, I only have one, maybe two complaints, but they're moreso to build discussion than anything.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.