2011 Tronny Awards! Winners Announced!!!

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
.Wit
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: 2011 Tronny Awards!

Post by .Wit »

Announcer: Anndddddddd the most controversial award ceremony goes toooo..... (drum roll please) *drum drum drum*

The 2011 Tronny Awards!

:) haha.
.Wit
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by .Wit »

Edit it double posted sorry. stupid laggy computer.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Sigh, I was using you as an broad example, as you previously stated your feelings... I don't need to change my tone, either. If you comprehended what I had said then you would realize I don't care what (people like) you have to say!
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

MB the reason some deserving players didn't get nominated for certain categories, is that each voter (different from the secret committee) just just 1 player for the category, and they could nominate whoever they wanted.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

The upside to all of this controversy is it seems like more people are paying attention to it this year. Of course this definitely isn't the way I would've raised awareness, but it's still something.
Last edited by owned on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

How is luffy not on the best defenders o.O

Whoever voted for me, you're an idiot, go vote for luffy naow!
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

Word wrote:
Gonzap wrote:I shouldn't even answer you but I will.
Yeah, you shouldn't when you haven't read my post :roll:
think that it should also be part of a good player's virtues that he's modest enough not to nominate himself, and not feeling embarrassed if he's not nominated. After all, the tronnies aren't very significant and all of your complaints possibly backfire. You're already nominated in several other (equally meaningless) categories so I don't see why this seriously has to be discussed.
MB53 wrote:1st i dont have to follow whatever you say
:roll: Sure you haven't, just like Zap doesn't have to answer me. You're still making yourself look like a fool if you're really worried that someone else nominated you in some random category of a prize that doesn't have any effect on your reputation (and may I say, even less than your self-righteous posts on this topic). It would really be the best if you wouldn't reply at all before you've stopped complaining and actually got over it.

2) That's what you should ask yourself, since you and Gonzap seem to think the sole purpose was self-adulation. It's pure fun. It doesn't matter if the winners are "correct" in your opinion or not.

3) I just nominated people according to my own opinion, which is what I was asked for. I was not asked to nominate people of which I think that someone else would nominate them.
Same for the others.

4) How often does this have to be said? We didn't make lists of best players, just ONE best player. You aren't on the list because of your efforts, just because the jury members happen to know you and play in your server.

5) You weren't part of the jury and the tronnies are too insignifant to waste so much time for them, plus you're only making yourself look childish and jealous. Period.
I am not going to go over this again and again. But it seems i have to re-explain what my posts intentions are , They are only meant to be ideas to be added and it has nothing to do with what i control or what i own. Can't i post something that i feel is right? where is the freedom of that.

In Addition if you think that my posts are foolish i am quite shocked you would think like that because all i am saying is just to improve the quality of this Award and also make it fun for everyone.
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

I am terribly sorry if i have posted much but try to understand that i am only trying to do what is right and i hope next year more Categories from different Game types will be Added.

@mkay haha i was kidding there :P

@potter yup i realize that but its not what i am talking about its more of proposing ideas than anything else.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

owned wrote:
Overrated wrote:
owned wrote: @over I don't see any problem with someone being both rookie of the year and most improved. If a rookie improves way faster than a normal rookie, they could be chosen for both awards. Also, we will delete the double counting of your name.
What qualifies as a rookie then (asked this in previous post)? The logic between both of them make absolutely no sense to me. Rookie = new with little to no experience beforehand. So, you're telling me a rookie with no prior experience deserves to have a chance at most improved when they should supposedly have nothing to base it off of? I thought most improved considered aspects from last year, into this year. Whereas rookie only considers this year. Am I wrong to think this?
In my view, a rookie is someone who either started playing fort/sumo this year, or started seriously playing fort/sumo this year. I see the most improved award comparing the skill level of a person at the start of the year to their skill level at the end of the year. But remember, the people who ultimately decide what these categories mean are the people who vote for them.
Well, I see things differently. Seeing as most improved should go from the point they were at last year to the point they are at this year, and if they're nominated for rookie, it means they weren't at a point to be at last year.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

MB how does you getting more awards make them more fun for everyone?
ps I'm not tokoyami
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

syllabear wrote:MB how does you getting more awards make them more fun for everyone?

I dont think i will be winning alot of awards and even if i did i am quite sure i have shown enough. It will encourage or inspire more people to play more or show more care to improve this game, which is at most what i care about. :)
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

matchbox53 wrote:
syllabear wrote:MB how does you getting more awards make them more fun for everyone?

I dont think i will be winning alot of awards and even if i did i am quite sure i have shown enough. It will encourage or inspire more people to play more or show more care to improve this game, which is at most what i care about. :)
How does you getting nominated for a bunch of awards inspire people more than other random people getting nominated for them? As I pointed out, I wouldn't agree with many of these either, but who cares? Really, if this is the sort of thing that matters so much in your life, you need to consider taking a nice long break from tron and working on your real life.
ps I'm not tokoyami
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

apparition wrote:Best WST Team: Music Lovers, The Underdogs, Deso/Woned/Xyron, HORD, TEAMNAMEHERE, ἐπιστήμη
This is the dumbest shit I've EVER seen...

Music Lovers never won the WST in 2011
Deso/Woned/Xyron never won the WST in 2011
TEAMNAMEHERE and ἐπιστήμη were not in a WST in 2011

That only leaves:
1) The Underdogs (Durka, freako, olive, Rudy)
2) HORD (Hoax, Olive, Rudy, Durka (I think The Roze might've played for Rudy instead, I can't quite recall))

...but what about the other team that won a WST in 2011? (there were a total of 3 WST's last year):
3) PowerPuff Girls (Raph, Hoax, Durka, Rudy)
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I am not going to go over this again and again. But it seems i have to re-explain what my posts intentions are , They are only meant to be ideas to be added and it has nothing to do with what i control or what i own. Can't i post something that i feel is right? where is the freedom of that.
But you haven't said that.
4th i am nominated enough because i have shown much love and effort for this game . And by pointing out something wrong it doesnt mean i am not thankful, on the contrary i am trying my best to make sure that players who deserve something must be recognized.
For example when some of you guys complained on what improvements Mega Fort should be, Did i object when there has been a strong reason to justify what people said ?
to be honest it doesnt seem right of what i have offered to the community to be listed as someone who annoys
why is ... (not) on the list?
Don't you see that you come across as someone who is angry that he didn't get an award for something quite non-substantial such as "most effort"?
Yes, some of the choices are strange but they weren't your choices. All you can do is accept that for now.
3rd i am not really that serious about this, all i am saying is that people should actually consider what other point of views are proposed espically when some of them secret society are inactive.
(see last post)
I've given my opinion, not what I think someone elses would be. I find it foolish to think that this was a completely wrong approach. why vote if it's already clear what the majority would go for?
you hate the fact that other people are trying to propose another alternatives or suggestions.
No, the opposite. I just think that's precisely what you're doing here. If you were nominated in every category you want to be counted in you wouldn't give a crap.
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

syllabear wrote:
matchbox53 wrote:

How does you getting nominated for a bunch of awards inspire people more than other random people getting nominated for them? As I pointed out, I wouldn't agree with many of these either, but who cares? Really, if this is the sort of thing that matters so much in your life, you need to consider taking a nice long break from tron and working on your real life.

It doesnt matter much anyways for me. If you think that then its not what i intended to point out.

@word enough said i never said i am not accepting whatever they have nominated. I posted what i think could be true its up to them to take it or leave it.