Pickup Improvement! :)

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Pickup Improvement! :)

Post by AI-team »

vov wrote:"Where do we get a sub now?"
maybe add "SUB NEEDED" to the servername? :)

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

Count the times when you need a pickup admin. We are not staying in an arma server 24/7, pure and simple.

I'm sort of willing to get the bot to do more stuff directly on the servers once I get the required changes into the bot's code.
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

Slov wrote: I haven't seen a new face in fort scene since Dariv started playing lol..
lol what

I've seen loads of people ask "how do I play" but they rarely come back after getting votekicked. I think when I started I only didn't get the same because people felt sorry for someone saying "what is going on why am I being kicked"
pLxDari - Challenge us!
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

dariv wrote:
Slov wrote: I haven't seen a new face in fort scene since Dariv started playing lol..
lol what

I've seen loads of people ask "how do I play" but they rarely come back after getting votekicked. I think when I started I only didn't get the same because people felt sorry for someone saying "what is going on why am I being kicked"
yeah of course I see those aswell, but with a "new face" I meant someone that actually stayed and became active fort player :P
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

on the subject of improvement... is there really a need for the captcha?

pLxDari - Challenge us!
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

smh dariv, are you dense or just pretending to be? you think http://webchat.freenode.net/ is hosted by armagetron pickup?

If you don't like captcha, download a real irc client / use chatzilla for firefox.
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

oh sorry I don't have intricate tech knowledge of an unknown website. you are a difficult person to not anger.
pLxDari - Challenge us!
MrsKsr
Shutout Match Winner

Post by MrsKsr »

dariv wrote:on the subject of improvement... is there really a need for the captcha?

<image>
Short answer; Yes.

Long answer; Yes and you really should invest in a client as suggested by Liz. You stated before that you get dropped from IRC a lot, web clients will do that from time to time. Get a client, problem(s) solved.
"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one;
I hope some day you will join us, and the world can live as one"

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”

I believe that to truly love is the ultimate expression of the will to live.
wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

dariv wrote:on the subject of improvement... is there really a need for the captcha?
just click reload like 10 times till you have an easy one
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

just fill in rubbish and it'll accept it. I got a quadratic equation today.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

rules wrote:If you sub in for !lastgame, please remember to !remove.
(now that I'm thinking of this I'm not sure if this should be taken as a rule or as a recommendation, in the latter case you can dismiss this post)

I feel that this rule can be a bit counter productive in some cases. The rule makes sense when the sub is needed at the beginning of the game, but when the game is in a later stage I'm personally hesitant to sub in because of this rule, especially when it's busy and I'm not sure if I can win the !add game for the next match.

Anyway, just my 2c
MrsKsr
Shutout Match Winner

Post by MrsKsr »

The rule has to remain because of past (zZz) drama; One summer there were a lot of arguments about making it more fair for people to add after a game (hence the Match Winner rule as well), so the one about !removing is sort of an appendix to that.

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”

Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

If there is not long left (usually less than a quarter) I usually say to the sub that they can forget about removing because of what lack is saying

Also whilst I'm here a kind reminder for those playing to not leave or re-add until the match winner splash is shown. Furthermore if you have a grievance take it to an admin & refrain from arguing in the channel thanks
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

Hoax wrote:If there is not long left (usually less than a quarter) I usually say to the sub that they can forget about removing because of what lack is saying
(...)
I totally agree with that.
MrsKsr
Shutout Match Winner

Post by MrsKsr »

Jip wrote:
Hoax wrote:If there is not long left (usually less than a quarter) I usually say to the sub that they can forget about removing because of what lack is saying
(...)
I totally agree with that.
+1