Reunion Tourney

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Seleucus
Project Graphics Designer

Reunion Tourney

Post by Seleucus »

Had a few minutes and decided to check out armagetron again - it has changed alot in the last five or so years I have been away. While I don't have any time or intention to come back, I was curious how many of the old school players are still around and would be up for a old school tournament on one of the old servers. I am pretty sure one of us could produce the old server specs for Armagoshdarn or Armagoshdarnish or even another one of the old servers. If so I could probably get us the use of a dedicated server for the event.

This idea was prompted when I saw the post - Best players of 2010. It had a reference to the old post when we did this back in 04... Anyway if any of the below players get this and want to e-mail me about it I'll see how many responses I get. The below list was just one I pulled and there are many not on it that should be. Basically any who remember that list of players - and was around back then can shoot me an email. If I get enough response we can set it up. I will watch the replies to this post as well, although I still will probably not be around much on this forum.

EDIT:Actually I'm not gonna post my email, so if you reply here I should get it. Thanks,

Old List:
In no particular order Mine would be... n54 , hqqns, Seleucus, Road Kill , Blind Man, Marrow , Agix, Zelig , Algerion, Digital Logic, Prey4Me, Thak, bessy, Lacisiadakcal, and War Monkey. I've literally never heard of any of those except lackadaisical ...

Hope to hear from a few of you guys, sometimes I really miss those old matchups. Maybe get a match setup. Seeya round.

-Sel
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Reunion Tourney

Post by Phytotron »

Of that specific list I think Lack is the only one still active. Subby has popped his head in here and there, but only that. War Monkey was around for a little while in the last year or so, using the name Knucklehead, but I haven't seen him a a good while. I even ran into Zapple a couple times in-game awhile back, but again, that's it.

The "oldest" players (as in, those who would remember Armagoshdarn and/or any of these people you mentioned) I'm personally aware of who are still actually active are myself, Tank Program (obviously), Akira, Misery, eggcozy, nemostultae (now 'dlh' on the forum, 'free kill' in game), possibly boobert (he uses all kinds of names, so I never know if he's around or not), possibly Lucifer (he checks the forum infrequently, no idea if he plays at all anymore), possibly Free Wheelin', locutus, Anumeric, dev/null/, and Cracker. That's about as old as they get of anyone left, that I'm aware. Quite possible I'm leaving some out, of course. And many of them don't check this forum.

As for Armagoshdarn, myself and a generous commercial server host called compguygene have been meaning to get up a permanent (to the extent any server is permanent) goshdarn clone for the past couple years, but just haven't gotten around to it....
Last edited by Phytotron on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

Post by XzL.Smart »

I remember the server... But I never played on it.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

So what was the purpose of that post? Or this one? :roll:
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

Post by XzL.Smart »

O.o Stalk much?
A man can't have nostalgia moments now?
But I do see your point. Sorry for the lack of an interesting post, and quite possibly a topic killer. I tend to do that a lot...
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

welcome back! !
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Yeah, I haven't been playing much recently. Real Life has totally gotten in the way of my light cycle habit...

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

* waves *
BlackWolf
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by BlackWolf »

Ahhh.. always nice to see "Looceeeeeeeee" around the traps... <3
....................Advocatus diaboli....................
Sinn
Average Program

Post by Sinn »

/wave

Been around longer then most :oops:
The truth is out there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

I am still around. o/
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Seleucus wrote: Old List:
In no particular order Mine would be... n54 , hqqns, Seleucus, Road Kill , Blind Man, Marrow , Agix, Zelig , Algerion, Digital Logic, Prey4Me, Thak, bessy, Lacisiadakcal, and War Monkey. I've literally never heard of any of those except lackadaisical ...
Found from here:
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=456

Damn, that was a while ago.
BlackWolf
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by BlackWolf »

Sinn wrote:/wave

Been around longer then most :oops:

oooo Arcanus! <3
....................Advocatus diaboli....................
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

nvm...........
Boxed