Turn shuffle up on G5's Mega Fortress Pro back on?

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...

Poll ended at Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Yes
42%
No
58%

Total votes: 53

G5
Average Program

Post by G5 »

I just read the two months old thread "Shuffle or no shuffle" and it seems a large community want's shuffle up back on.
I said it before, I will follow the wish of the majority if you make a regular vote on it. So, here it comes.
But please understand that there is one tiny constraint coming with shuffle up: I will mostly ignore shuffle war complaints.

G5
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Turn shuffle up on G5's Mega Fortress Pro back on?

Post by Titanoboa »

I voted no.
I like playing the center position more than any other position, especially in casual games, but I don't have an issue with letting the people who joined the server before me have a go at it while I'm practicing the other positions.
Plus, G5's has been drama-free (of what I can tell) lately because of the lack of shuffle disagreements. That's nice imo.
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

well i would agree with you totally titan but there is a problem . sometimes u might be for example 2nd position and been waiting to be center for a longtime and for some reason you get disconnected. so thats pain to wait again all the way up and it happens alot to players . so i will say yes for putting shuffle back on .
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Gruss dich G5!
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

You can generally tell noobs in center or a wing to do "shuffle 7", and they will.

edit: voted no
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Word wrote:There will always be problems, with or without shuffling. it doesn't matter if you have learned your lesson (although you weren't even involved, like Deso said).

The complaints that led to this came from the same four or five people. There are mods who can take care of them and tell them to stop, that should be enough. I'm for allowing it again because it's annoying when your team has a weak position and you have to wait until the entire team has shuffled down for you.
Titanoboa wrote:I like playing the center position more than any other position, especially in casual games, but I don't have an issue with letting the people who joined the server before me have a go at it while I'm practicing the other positions.
you're an exception
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

Voted no, system works fine now. If you get disconnected it's your fault. It caused so many problems.
pLxDari - Challenge us!
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

dariv wrote:Voted no, system works fine now. If you get disconnected it's your fault. It caused so many problems.
How can you blame the person disconnected for being disconnected? I don't get how it's their fault, they can't control it.

Why add shuffle up when you could just ask the person(s) ahead of you for the spot? If they say no, then you wait. If they say yes, then let them shuffle down for you. If they're being a hindrance (not sure if this is the right word) to their team and not shuffling, then make a suspension poll. Current system is fine.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Overrated wrote: If they're being a hindrance (not sure if this is the right word) to their team and not shuffling, then make a suspension poll.
That only works if the person ahead of you isn't a mod and can't cancel all votes
Lacrymosa
Round Winner

Post by Lacrymosa »

System works well as it is now and I really do not want those annoying shuffle discussions during a game, so I voted no.
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

I am like center addicted, because I am kind of tired from sweeping and deffing all the time ^^
But anyways allow to shuffle up, will cause shuffle wars ... and this is tireing me even more o.o

There is always a solution:

Ask the center player if he minds to shuffle or not. Some will rage punch you in your face, but there always some people who understand the issue that you have with them playing center :)

Just be nice and they will be nice too!

Yes, i voted No.
Signature? wtf...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Yes, i voted No.
lol

I love center players who never step back. :|
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

Overrated wrote:
dariv wrote:Voted no, system works fine now. If you get disconnected it's your fault. It caused so many problems.
How can you blame the person disconnected for being disconnected? I don't get how it's their fault, they can't control it.
Sorry, I didn't mean it in a rude way. But their own connection is their own responsibility is all I meant.
pLxDari - Challenge us!
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

I used to miss shuffling up in fort, but now I don't because I like when MB53 is center and every time I play, he's center.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

apparition wrote:I used to miss shuffling up in fort, but now I don't because I like when MB53 is center and every time I play, he's center.
haha so true :D
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho