Turn shuffle up on G5's Mega Fortress Pro back on?

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...

Turn shuffle up on G5's Mega Fortress Pro back on?

Poll ended at Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Yes
42%
No
58%

Total votes: 53

matchbox53
Round Winner

Re: Turn shuffle up on G5's Mega Fortress Pro back on?

Post by matchbox53 »

Slov wrote:
apparition wrote:I used to miss shuffling up in fort, but now I don't because I like when MB53 is center and every time I play, he's center.
haha so true :D

lol \0/
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

i think there might be a better situation how about a specific poll that can be used for a team to vote for their center so that will allow that player to shuffle up for example

and also shuffling from 1 to 7 is also annoying some wouldnt want that i believe.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

And I thought G5's was supposed to be a PRO server, where PROs can shuffle to any position they like without messing up the entire team (as long as the rest of the team agrees). Every PRO should be replaceable by another PRO. Please don't start to take away shuffling down now, you're giving me a headache.

The whole shuffling war shit started when a few players wanted to keep it the whole time while they're playing. OF COURSE the same idiots love to keep shuffling up disabled so they have it forever, for what it's worth.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Word wrote:And I thought G5's was supposed to be a PRO server....
You guys getting paid?
Word

Post by Word »

I think it would be the best if G5 would just enable shuffling up for some days to see if it works. perhaps some people change their mind then...
Phytotron wrote:You guys getting paid?
i can't speak for the others....i almost got paid once (Syre....!)
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

The shuffling up disabled prevents teams from internal organization, there is no way you can fastly replace a player with another in some point of the game, even if both players agree. Some otres would get in the middle. Come on, it was funnier before people (lizmatic, mkay, desolate, spook,... to name a few) started these stupid shuffling wars. I guess they are not that childish anymore?
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Eyeroll. I only did it once, before it was even pro :O.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

I prefer shuffle up to be disabled. Every player between the position you're currently at, and the position you want to shuffle up to didn't agree—usually only the spot you're taking agrees. Have you ever been in a long queue? Isn't it still rude if a person ahead of you agrees to let someone cut in front of them?
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

you make a switch. Pos 2 shuffles down and pos 6 shuffles up, for example.
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

In the real world that doesn't happen though, someone just shuffles to 1. The current way is fair, if someone really wants centre they can ask anyone above to shuffle down, saves any arguments.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Some of you are assuming the queue is always going to position #1, which isn't always the case. The fact that you can shuffle back can create problems, too. The shuffle wars for defense or for the last position may be on smaller scales, but they are still annoying. That's not my main argument against having shuffle up disabled, though. Besides waging a war of attrition and waiting FOREVER to get a high position (especially with stubborn people :P ), having to work your way up in positions by asking people becomes slow and disruptive for everyone on the team. I don't believe this is because they don't want to shuffle - it just isn't easy for players to shuffle back one spot sequentially (if they are willing). It's 50% laziness combined with 50% over complication for simple people. And don't even mention what it's like to have more than one person trying to ask for a higher position. That's just chaos. Besides, this isn't the polite queue at a coffeeshop with everyone waiting to order their shit, this is a video game.

What's the point of having so many admins of G5 Pro? Just to silence people and to cancel votes? We can all silence locally and as a team we should be able to kick afk players or tk'ers. In my opinion, having shuffle disabled is just a bad work around for a stupid problem. Just allow shuffling and let the admins do a real job for once instead of using their admin abilities for personal reasons.

Shuffle spam limit?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

G5 should sell a special shuffle authority. Or even better, set the authority so everyone can shuffle, but abusers lose that right. (shunned!) :twisted:
G5
Average Program

Post by G5 »

Sinewav: Technically no problem. But who decides who is an abuser?
Word

Post by Word »

ppotter wrote:In the real world that doesn't happen though, someone just shuffles to 1. The current way is fair, if someone really wants centre they can ask anyone above to shuffle down, saves any arguments.
i remember i asked you once, you said "ok" and it took like 10 matches (it was 1.30 AM) before i could have it; the ladle was on the next day (of course i wouldn't have started a shuffle war) :roll: .

And i'm annoyed whenever you're defending but don't shuffle so you can get center as soon as possible (but i know that nobody else wants to defend so it's understandable - allowing people to shuffle up would solve that though. nobody would say no if you would like to be center ;) )

Whenever the whole team wants to change a specific position (for example if someone cant lock center or doublegrind) it can get really annoying if that person doesn't know or like to shuffle.

Perhaps it saves arguments, but it's still a pain in the arse.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

There's always the occasional crash, it's not fun to come back and lose your position 1 spot that you waited for 1 hour to get.