`£.umencidium

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Attero

Re: `£.umencidium

Post by Attero »

vogue wrote:`£.eXia
`'c.eXz

Stop, this is embarassing.
It's an alias, not his actual name. Wasn't my idea, take it up with him.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

The only way to solve this huuuuuge problem is to have a good ol' group blood fest.
Boxed
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Phytotron wrote:
vogue wrote:`£.eXia
`'c.eXz

Stop, this is embarassing.
The fact of being in a clan? I agree, quite embarassing!

£ame Ând Únnecessary $ymbols ¢lan (even more embarrassing)
wah wah wah
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

No no, you mean Wocka wocka wocka!
Attachments
Fozzie2.jpg
Last edited by Phytotron on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Isn't that an obscene gesture in, like, half of the world? Muppets aren't what they used to be.
Attero wrote:It's an alias, not his actual name. Wasn't my idea, take it up with him.
You're a clan now. Expect to be held responsible for how your clanmates act. What one of you does reflects on everyone else.

For the record, the 'single non-ascii letter tag' thing was already annoying when the Collective started it. But at least it was original.

(Don't mistake our collective criticism as hate, by the way. It's just tough love. Welcome!)
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

How is it any different than CT, PRU, any of the other clans? I like our tag though, some are really ugly. And this discrimating against clans is getting old, Z-Man and Phyto. There's a reason why nearly every game has clans: for the social experience, more organized "wars" (ugh I really hate that name) and in this game, ladle. You might say clan drama, but that's unavoidable as you tend to stick up for your clanmates if something happens. It's no different than drama between 2 random people, maybe a bit bigger.

These random clans that are being made and die after a week are annoying though, I've been part of it in the past too heh.

tl;dr version, don't stereotype all clans. :(
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

vogue wrote:How is it any different than CT, PRU, any of the other clans?
Too bad you weren't here when CT was formed, we really gave them hell. :) Good times...
And this discrimating against clans is getting old, Z-Man and Phyto.
No it's not. It's just as fun now as it was 7 years ago. Nothing's changed.
There's a reason why nearly every game has clans: for the social experience, more organized "wars" (ugh I really hate that name) and in this game, ladle.
That's the same reason people join street gangs.
You might say clan drama, but that's unavoidable as you tend to stick up for your clanmates if something happens. It's no different than drama between 2 random people, maybe a bit bigger.
It's a lot different. Here's a clue: if you're going to cite CT as being just like your clan, then you need to have a clan that behaves like CT. As far as I know, the only clan drama they've ever had was internal, it was kept internal, and they didn't go dragging the whole community through the mud. They've had a few fun rivalries, but on the whole get along with other clans just fine. They are the only clan I'm aware of who have done that, and they're definitely the oldest clan with the cleanest record.

Truthfully, SP finally quit being smegheads (but don't tell them I said that), but it took a fair amount of whacky ladle drama for that to happen.
tl;dr version, don't stereotype all clans. :(
Why? Most of them really do live up to the bad stereotype. And when a clan comes along that breaks the stereotype in a good way (such as, I don't know, CT), we have no problems recognizing that.

If every clan was like CT, we'd drop our prejudice in a heartbeat. But CT is the exception.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Fair enough, keep bullying clans.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

vogue wrote:How is it any different than CT, PRU, any of the other clans?
The tag? You can type the others without consulting a character sheet.
Magic
Core Dumper

Post by Magic »

Truthfully, SP finally quit being smegheads (but don't tell them I said that), but it took a fair amount of whacky ladle drama for that to happen.
that is our new logo. No longer smegheads! ;)
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

Z-Man wrote: For the record, the 'single non-ascii letter tag' thing was already annoying when the Collective started it. But at least it was original.
So x has already been forgotten?

Although, you can easily use the ascii x and people will know what you are talking about...
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

x was supposed to be non-ASCII? I completely failed to notice.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

vogue wrote:... "wars" (ugh I really hate that name)...
I agree, I hate the term "wars" too. I try and schedule a "meet" instead. Or sometimes I say "skirmish" or "melee" which is only slightly better than war.
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

Z-Man wrote:x was supposed to be non-ASCII? I completely failed to notice.
Yeah, try going into G5's or some other server with competitive players with the x tag using 'x'. You will first get yelled at for having the x tag, and then you will get yelled at for failing it.
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Z-Man wrote:Isn't that an obscene gesture in, like, half of the world?
Only to subjects of the Queen Mum and Italians, as far as I know. I didn't even really notice it (although, not like it isn't at least a little deserved). I just grabbed it real quick off Google image search; I just preferred the framing of it, and the pose/expression (independent of the gesture). Here, I'll replace it. Seems I misspelled the catch phrase, too.

sinewav wrote:
vogue wrote:... "wars" (ugh I really hate that name)...
I agree, I hate the term "wars" too. I try and schedule a "meet" instead. Or sometimes I say "skirmish" or "melee" which is only slightly better than war.
And aren't wars supposed to be more drawn out than a single, transient battle? I don't know why "match" or even just "game" won't work. ::shrug::
BoxeD wrote:The only way to solve this huuuuuge problem is to have a good ol' group blood fest.
Say what?