When you make mistakes...

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Lord Pein
Round Winner

When you make mistakes...

Post by Lord Pein »

I really wanna' see some good responses to this Topic For Discussion:

When you die on Tron, do you play the blame game? How often do you hold yourself accountable for your death? How often do you hold yourself accountable for the team's loss?
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
Escape
Average Program

Re: When you make mistakes...

Post by Escape »

I blame myself, depending on the death. If it was a fair and good kill. then i know that I should practice more.
However, if it was a death that I know could have been prevented, well then i blame myself, but i wont give up.

I blame myself for 90% of deaths.
Graveyards only hold the Corpses, Zombies, and invite the Dying...
Would you want me to give you a free "ticket" to join?
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

I always blame myself, well at least 95% off the time.
The other 5% I blame YouTube :P (I usually have ~8 youtube tabs open ).
I never hold myself accountable for my team's loss, simply because I don't lose very often :D and if I lose it was for sure pretty close :P

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

i always blame others, because it's true.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

always myself
after all
i am gack

except on those very rare days where things are going pretty well
in the groove
and then it is sometimes tricky when the team loses
i just wish i had been where the action was in order to prevent it

another good thing about this game is that is it based on passive death
one can not be killed
like taking a sniper shot
but one's death is brought about through one's lack of future projection or reaction time
nice term for it too
core dumped
hold the line
Escape
Average Program

Post by Escape »

Well it also depends on teammates as well. Sometimes they may abandon you.... or just seal you in a tiny corner..... and say: "It was an accident.." Accidents don't occur more than 5x's if you are trying... not to mention that if you were you would split earlier instead of waiting for the last possible second...
Graveyards only hold the Corpses, Zombies, and invite the Dying...
Would you want me to give you a free "ticket" to join?
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

I blame it on my ferret, he always steps on the keyboard during ladle and tournaments. its the truth!
NEW 1v1 Sumo SB Tournament SITE
http://1v1sb.weebly.com
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

In order:

-Myself
-Enemy (they can actually kill me too!)
-Lag
-Team
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

I blame myself for the loss of a team competition generally, unless I am playing near perfect(has happened), or my parents for making me leave...
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

yeah it's always lag
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

One could argue that predominantly blaming yourself is implicitly not giving credit to those who beat you. As in, they aren't really good enough to have bested you legitimately; you can only lose if you defeat yourself. This is why one will mostly see losing athletes giving credit to the winning player/team, even if an objective observer would attribute the loss to the losing player/team beating themselves. They've been taught sportsmanship.

Hmm, that rather mirrors one of the most important rules of Armagetron: Only blame lag for your deaths, never credit it for your kills. If you died, it was illegitimate; if the other guy did, you "pwned" him.
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

Well, the reason I ask is because in League of Legends, the general consensus is that (in ranked games) whenever you die, it's ultimately your fault. The reason is not to discredit your opponents (people aren't that negative), it's to better yourself. There is something you could have done to prevent all of your deaths.

However...

League of Legends if a completely different game than Tron... You CAN actually kill your teammates. In LoL, there is no way to directly do damage to your teammates.

ALSO

LoL is a strategy game where there are items and specific things you can do to counter your opponents, Tron doesn't have so much of this...
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Lord Pein wrote:Well, the reason I ask is because in League of Legends, the general consensus is that (in ranked games) whenever you die, it's ultimately your fault. The reason is not to discredit your opponents (people aren't that negative), it's to better yourself. There is something you could have done to prevent all of your deaths.

However...

League of Legends if a completely different game than Tron... You CAN actually kill your teammates. In LoL, there is no way to directly do damage to your teammates.

ALSO

LoL is a strategy game where there are items and specific things you can do to counter your opponents, Tron doesn't have so much of this...

If you have Airman on your team it is ALWAYS his fault. Same with Taz.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

LucK wrote:
Lord Pein wrote:Well, the reason I ask is because in League of Legends, the general consensus is that (in ranked games) whenever you die, it's ultimately your fault. The reason is not to discredit your opponents (people aren't that negative), it's to better yourself. There is something you could have done to prevent all of your deaths.

However...

ALSO

He just played teemo and we won. Sad thing is, he had 4 minion kills in 38 minutes...
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

INW wrote:
LucK wrote:

However...

ALSO

He just played teemo and we won. Sad thing is, he had 4 minion kills in 38 minutes...
I don't believe you.