"Gratz" explained

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: "Gratz" explained

Post by Word »

i lol'd about the OP, if anyone cares.

gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Phytotron wrote:
sinewav wrote:It's amazing how you guys don't catch on very fast (or at all).
Here's the problem: It wasn't obvious. It wasn't crude, in-your-face, or low-brow. It didn't beat one over the head. It wasn't designed to humiliate, mock, insult, harass, antagonise, provoke, degrade, or belittle someone or something. It wasn't mean-spirited. Furthermore, it wasn't an internet "meme." It wasn't explained on Urban Dictionary (what a bullshit name that is), or Encyclopedia Dramatica, or youtube. Nor was it connected to or supported by some (anti)social networking website. And none of it was in the caveman-like grunts and acronyms language of the above.

Thus, it was rendered incapable of being grasped by these kids whose brains are thoroughly mired in the above. It's all they know, and their only manner of relating, the filter through which all concepts are understood. It's like an internet autism (I think I just coined that). Or like some isolated, insulated culture that has difficulty relating to any normal outsiders.

We've seen at least three examples of this just in the last few days, relating to harmless, corny/cheesy jokes I made—the couple on "shuffling," the one about cut-off server names, and now this one.

But it's not just in areas of humour. This happens on a regular basis concerning all sorts of subjects.

No, this isn't why "old people" shouldn't use the internet. Rather, it's precisely the reason why kids like this need to get off the internet and free themselves of this pathological enslavement they've developed.
you're not funny, and you make fun of "kiddies with their gimmicky gamestyles and their silly ways of telling eachother 'gratz'" every day tbh

when i'm 50 or however old you are, i hope i don't frequent forums with teenagers on it

Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

gawdzilla wrote:you're not funny
Given your pathetic standard for what qualifies as humour, I believe you think not. I also believe you think the garbage you frequently spatter all over is hilarious. Your standards aren't ones to which I would debase myself. In other words, I don't want to be liked by someone like you.

Unlike a few, I don't believe you've substantively changed or improved your character one bit. You've demonstrated yourself time and again to be a rotten person, and proudly so, which most definitely is not funny.

gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Phytotron wrote:
Given your pathetic standard for what qualifies as humour, I believe you think not. I also believe you think the garbage you frequently spatter all over is hilarious. Your standards aren't ones to which I would debase myself. In other words, I don't want to be liked by someone like you.

Unlike a few, I don't believe you've substantively changed or improved your character one bit. You've demonstrated yourself time and again to be a rotten person, and proudly so, which most definitely is not funny.

Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

So very predictable.

Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

gawdzilla wrote:
Phytotron wrote:

OMG A RAINBOW <3 TY LIZ I LUV IT
NEW 1v1 Sumo SB Tournament SITE
http://1v1sb.weebly.com

Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

Not sure what I laughed at more, Liz's response or how Phytotron thinks he is better than others.
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?

Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner

Post by Lucifer »

This conversation started out on the border of intelligent discourse and is now rapidly approaching absolute zero. But, in honor of the SCOTUS's recent decision not to censor the Westboro Baptist Crackpots, I will not lock this thread.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

Lucifer wrote:This conversation started out on the border of intelligent discourse and is now rapidly approaching absolute zero. But, in honor of the SCOTUS's recent decision not to censor the Westboro Baptist Crackpots, I will not lock this thread.
don't even get me started on that westboro baptist bull shit ruling lol.
NEW 1v1 Sumo SB Tournament SITE
http://1v1sb.weebly.com

Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner

Post by Lucifer »

Cody <3 wrote:
Lucifer wrote:This conversation started out on the border of intelligent discourse and is now rapidly approaching absolute zero. But, in honor of the SCOTUS's recent decision not to censor the Westboro Baptist Crackpots, I will not lock this thread.
don't even get me started on that westboro baptist bull shit ruling lol.
Why not? SCOTUS made the right call on that.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

aaaaaand now this topic has reached absolute zero.
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?

Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.

nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

Lord Pein wrote:aaaaaand now this topic has reached absolute zero.
>implying it was above absolute zero to begin with
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lord Pein wrote:aaaaaand now this topic has reached absolute zero.
Totally wrong. There is is still way to much activity here for this to be considered the lowest state of motion. And there are plenty of things we can expand on to get more "work" out of this thread. An old thread such as this would be much closer to absolute zero (I say "would" since my observing it has changed it's state).

Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

GZ explained. It's so obvious; I don't know why I didn't realise it sooner.
General-Zod.jpeg
General-Zod.jpeg (12.56 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
One wins a match, then by referencing General Zod—perhaps indeed declaring oneself as the persona of G.Z.—implicitly makes the point that those vanquished must now....