Saibot & Bellum Admin abuse

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
ppotter
Match Winner

Re: Saibot & Bellum Admin abuse

Post by ppotter »

Just because someone doesn't post, doesn't mean they're not 'active', I visit this forum every few days, but rarely post, for example.

edit: Not sure how I've amassed 76 posts actually, but there you go.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Phytotron wrote: ... And by the way, INW, my comment was not related to the topic about shuffling. That should have been obvious to most thinking persons, but I realise you often have difficulty with reading comprehension, critical thinking, basic reasoning and such. (Why the hell are you talking about votes and polls? Get a clue.)
Actually your right, I do have difficulty in those fields. I am best at math(s). English is a horrible language anyway.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

ppotter wrote:Just because someone doesn't post, doesn't mean they're not 'active', I visit this forum every few days, but rarely post, for example.
Which is precisely why I specifically used that phrase, "doesn't even appear to...." If he wants to correct me, by all means, he can go right ahead himself.

This nitpick doesn't refute the other points.

Sigh.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Shit lands here because we're the central hub. All shit floats towards us, some of it gets fished out before it gets here by the really appropriate filters (server admins, clan leaders), but when PMs don't get answered, what else can you do but to post here? There's no G5 specific subforum visible for everyone, and we don't have a general complaint subforum. And I don't think we should have one, that would give the impression posting there was an appropriate way to escalate complaints. Which it isn't. As soon as you post a moderator complaint publicly, you have essentially lost the case already.

Well, of course, if PMs don't get answered (but read, you can check that in the outbox), it'd be perfectly logical to conclude that the complaint was dismissed. But what do I know?
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

Phytotron wrote:Why does G5 and other stuff (e.g., CT) keep coming up on this forum? Shoo!
Board index -> Armagetron -> General

:lol:
pLxDari - Challenge us!
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Z-Man wrote:...when PMs don't get answered, what else can you do but to post here?
Understandable (I think I've said the same in the past—and so does Tank's post I linked), but...
There's no G5 specific subforum visible for everyone...
...I thought there might be. Or at least, perhaps, the armagetron.co.uk site. (Isn't MB's server european, and isn't that site sort of the european Arma hub? 'Course, even if that's so, for all I know he doesn't check that, either.) But, to reiterate, I wasn't only referring to this specific topic. I was also thinking of those like Slov's recent vanity thread, for example.
...and we don't have a general complaint subforum. And I don't think we should have one...
Agreed.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Z-Man wrote:Shit lands here because we're the central hub. All shit floats towards us...
And Phytotron is the grumpy guy with a cane walking around in shit yelling at everyone to get out of his shit?
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Phytotron wrote:isn't that site sort of the european Arma hub?
Ouch. You think this site is an american Arma hub?

And this (+ the following post) is just plain trolling. I'm sure you're aware of that, so why do it?
& as Z-man said, we don't want the complaints (and fights, eventually) to come here, but ask yourself whether you're really helping the situation at all.

As for the choice of these forums it's indeed the place you'll find most fortress players which gets the discussion going. Then it's easy enough to tell G5 to check the thread once we've discussed.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Titanoboa wrote:And this (+ the following post) is just plain spamming.
Fixed. The art of the troll involves totally derailing and controlling the thread. His post had practically no effect. However, this post I'm making now has more potential to be disruptive than that one -- so let's not get carried away. :wink:
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Oh please, give me a break. And use a little sense. It was neither trolling nor spamming. It wasn't even a dig at the subject. It was just a stand-alone joke, a play on words. There was no intention whatsoever of derailment, control, disruption, provocation, harassment, antagonism. It wasn't the least bit inflammatory, insulting, or mocking. It was nothing more than a larf—at no one or no thing's expense, unless you want to count language and synonyms as victims. Get a grip. I think your reaction, Titanoboa, reaffirms the notion that some of you take your precious game mode obsession a little too personally.

And this...
Titanoboa wrote:
Phytotron wrote:isn't that site sort of the european Arma hub?
Ouch. You think this site is an american Arma hub?
...is a just plain stupid deduction. Have I not been one of the first, and only, people to criticise mindless xenophobia and nationalism on this forum? Have I not been familiar with the nature of this forum and its members for, looks like 4 years longer than you? Not to mention it's a needless nitpick from a parenthetical question—as distinguished from a declarative statement.

And why are you two—apparition and Titanoboa—bumping this, anyway? One could argue it looks more like you're the ones trying to start shit where there's no good reason to do so, on a subject that was basically resolved.
INW

Post by INW »

Phytotron wrote:And why are you two—apparition and Titanoboa—bumping this, anyway? One could argue you're the ones trying to start shit where there's no good reason to do so, on a subject that was basically resolved.
Maybe Titan just got back from vacation and started reading the topics he missed. He saw your post of nonsense and decided to respond. As for appa, he notices a new post by clicking "View New Posts" or "View Active Topics" and loves it. He decides to reply to Titan with agreement!
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

A 3 days late post counts as a bump here? :lol:

You're holding on to your dear "Random Screenshots Thread" and I respect that, which is why I've stopped posting random screenshots (or anything at all) there. I'm wondering why you'd go out of your way to make posts in fortress discussions if you don't play the game mode, and then carefully defend yourself when people question it. It's fine that you care about the forums; I'm not questioning your motive, just your methods.

As for the "american" thing, I wouldn't say it was a "plain stupid deduction". I was a bit surprised that you'd say something like that and wanted to clarify what you meant by it. Maybe my approach looked offensive to you. Sorry, it wasn't meant to be offensive.

& for the record I like reading your posts and like you as a person.

@INW was that an attempt to "back me up" or something? You desperately want to bait Phyto don't you? LOL!
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

i just threw a can of coke on the ground
INW

Post by INW »

Why does everyone think I am against anything and everything related to Phyto and when there is a chance, to bait him...

I came up with a possible explanation for what you did. You guys call that bait? What is wrong with you?
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

gawdzilla wrote:i just threw a can of coke on the ground
Pick up that can.
You've gone too far, turn back!