Seekers Testing - Breakfast in Hell

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Seeker
Round Winner

Seekers Testing - Breakfast in Hell

Post by Seeker »

I have put up a Breakfast in Hell approximation, I think it still needs a little work, but most of the settings are per the old breakfast settings I have (not just the settings included with the game now)

Let me know how it plays.....
HEY!!!!! Respect your elders...........Let us win a round!!!
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Seekers Testing - Breakfast in Hell

Post by Lucifer »

Hey, if you've got more settings left from that server, would you mind posting them? ;)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

I think the ones included are pretty accurate (Lucifer included them, after all). The only things that might call for adjustment are...

Code: Select all

CYCLE_RUBBER_DELAY
CYCLE_RUBBER_DELAY_BONUS
...to cut back a bit on the ability to adjust/180 into a wall. I'm sure you wouldn't want to disable it altogether (as I have in Shrunkland and Bebop in Harlem), assuming you're looking to make it like the actual BiH. But, you might want to try values of 1 and something between 0.2-0.5, respectively.

Anyhoo, I'll definitely check it out when I get a chance.
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

I am using your settings as you posted them in THIS thread a long time ago (version 2.7.1 I think).
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

From that thread:
Lucifer wrote:There's a chance these are the first set of settings that became the Crack Pipe's first settings that everybody loved. I didn't see CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE, which was set to 40 on Breakfast in Hell.
I don't know which value was meant to be 40, but I'm quite sure it's not _MINDISTANCE. :)

(Gotta love the ADMIN_PASS too. :roll: :P )
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Erm, what's with the high rubber? :/
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

I have the server offline right now, something is acting screwy, and I need to look at the configs again... thats testing for ya ;)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:Erm, what's with the high rubber? :/
I was about to say that...

:P Is it "classic" to have high rubber? If that's the case, maybe I'm not quite as interested, haha.

I went in there for a few minutes against the bots. Felt good. I'd like to try it with people.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Well, if it's to be a clone (at least initially) it's supposed to be 4.* But, turns out there was more off than that. The arena was enormous (think it was 5, should be -3), infinite tails (should be 800), accel was 20 (should be 29), couple other things.

Seeker and I chatted a bit in the server and methinks he might've gotten something(s) crossed up. All the new config files and directory organisation, ya know. (You should just copy the example breakfast_in_hell.cfg file into your var file, then type "INCLUDE breakfast_in_hell.cfg" in the file settings_custom.cfg.)

* As per 0.2.7.1, anyway. Myself and plenty others have noticed that rubber feels more forgiving in 0.2.8.x (maybe because the simulation is better?), and usually when transposing can use a bit of a reduction, but that's aside for now.

P.S. - Anyone think this ought to be moved to the Breakfast section?

P.S.S.O.T. - Hold on. I thought you weren't going to be able to play for awhile, sine. :?:
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

I think its time to add a section in the server area for custom independent servers.

I also realized that I left off the .cfg extension in the include line :oops: which was causing a BUNCH of problems. The server is back up, with remote authentication enabled (and kinda secured - feel free to authenticate for me logs :) ) I still have a few tweaks I want to do, but I fixed a few things (like the crawling 1.5 M/S speed we saw) and arena size.

Give it a shot and lets see where we are.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:P.S.S.O.T. - Hold on. I thought you weren't going to be able to play for awhile, sine. :?:
It looks like I'll be staying at a friend's house for a while. He doesn't live here though. No one does (but me, for now). There is no water but I have electricity and I'm borrowing his cellular-wireless USB stick. It's kind of like squatting, haha.

:wink: So, it looks like I can play a little, but the lag is, er, pretty bad!
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Well, that's goodish news. At least you have somewhere to hang yer hat—that goofy Gilligan hat. :wink:
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

Had to pull my server down (actually, it did it on its own....) for hardware issues. I will get it back up when I can get things fixed back up so we can mess with some more settings.

Till then, See ya on the grid!
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

sinewav wrote:but the lag is, er, pretty bad!
Thats what they all say :)
Boxed