Meeting

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...

Would you be interested in meeting other players?

Yes
22%
No
48%
If it fits my schedule
30%

Total votes: 27

Nelhybel
Round Winner

Re: Meeting

Post by Nelhybel »

sinewav wrote:Any tronners near Chicago are welcome to chill at my apartment and get drunk or whatever.
sounds good :D

At first sight, I wished to vote yes to this, because the idea sounds fantastic.
But after reading the debates and constructive arguments, I too have to vote no, on the basis of cost, and the fact that it would be impossible to place a convention in a centralized place that would attract more than a small fraction of the people to show up.
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

Obviously there will only be a small fraction of players present, regardless of where you have the meeting. I don't see why that is a problem. I'll be interested depending on if it takes place in NY in the summer while I'm still in the country, and which players are attending :)
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

Van-hayes wrote:
Phytotron wrote:And, uh, NYC is neither in the middle of the country nor even approaching cheap or affordable for average folks.
He is from Ontario, as a rule of thumb they think Toronto is the center of the universe/world/country, so since New york isn't that far from there it must be the center of America too. :D (I think this is the first time i have used a smiley here)

But on topic; I voted no for most of the same reasons stated above, I think if people around the same age and live close to each other want to get together and play go for it though. I am sure there are a few game tournament/conventions that do armagetron lan events too, so if one of those are close to a few people that would be an alternative. But it's not really my cup of tea.

Unless you provide airfare, then I'm down to go to New York.
Awww, come on.
Let's meet *sadface*
This post does not come with any form of Warranty or Return Policy.
If you're unhappy with this post, please feel free to suck it up and move on.