Fort Team Training Ideas 02-10

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Your_mom
Match Winner

Fort Team Training Ideas 02-10

Post by Your_mom »

Some ideas for privately/publicly team training with minimum players. These are half thought out ideas i thought i'd share, constructive criticism welcome. Unwritten sections marked [n/a].

Advantages to training in these situations [n/a]

Mirror

In this imaginary set up, you're team fights itself. Basically The (imaginary)server gives you control of your counterpart on the other team.

After formation splits; Center goes head to head with his own centerdef/attack; Left and right wings face off against each other. Later on; surviving attackers come after defense/ sweepers/ midfielders.

Problems are center can choose to center attack defense without covering(this is also a feature to train def/sweepers to handle this situation). Also problems i haven't thought out in this hypothetical server/situation including sliding/networking mishaps.

Bots on Rails

In this imaginary set up, Bots on rails is implemented and so is fort ai. The (imaginary)server is set up with team gold having 1 or 2 players defending and team blue attacking(perhaps with 1 fort def ai). Teams are also set at 6 v 6

Team gold has 4 or 5 bots on rail following out some greatest hits of starting/splitting formations from great ladle teams on a rotating pattern. They turn into attacking fort ai after a pre determined time. Def sets up as usual and the optional sweep/def can assist in the grind or ignore it.

Team blue gets to try to outflank gold and attack its human def and attack ai.

Problems [n/a]
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Fort Team Training Ideas 02-10

Post by DDMJ »

Instead of Mirror, how about Offense vs Defense. Let's say you only have 4 players, you can do a defender and sweeper vs two attackers.