Fortress Café stats (and now ~|DS|~ Mega Fortress)

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Fortress Café stats (and now ~|DS|~ Mega Fortress)

Post by dlh »

http://noms.generalconsumption.org/s/fortress-cafe

Note: Even if you aren't listed on the main stats table, you can still view your individual stats data.

:pacman: :sdot:

Edit: ~|DS|~ DarkSyndicate's Mega Fortress stats are up too. Select it from the main page.
Last edited by dlh on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Fortress Café stats

Post by Hoax »

damn those clan idiots impurifying the stats!
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

Damn Fofo has played almost as many matches as Player 1 only a thousand and change off. Pretty cool to see the suicides and holes made/used too.

I've got a few questions about it though; how come some people's zones win/lost are both at 0 yet they have played/won thousands of rounds, if the "to win max" is the maximum amount of rounds it has ever taken you to win a match how can some people have 12-42, and is there anyway to easily show maximum points ever in a match as well as in a round?

All in all I think these new stats pages are awesome, I would love to see a global page for all of the same types of servers someday.
You've gone too far, turn back!
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Van-hayes wrote:I've got a few questions about it though; how come some people's zones win/lost are both at 0 yet they have played/won thousands of rounds
Could be a bug. I'll look into it.

Edit: It isn't a bug. They probably played before the zone conquer events were added.
if the "to win max" is the maximum amount of rounds it has ever taken you to win a match how can some people have 12-42
The server probably changed settings for a few matches. I can add some more validation to determining if a match was a valid win.
and is there anyway to easily show maximum points ever in a match as well as in a round?
Maximum points scored by an individual, or maximum points scored by a team? Scored by an individual is easy to add, and I will. The team one is more difficult because right now I don't have any code related to saving data for teams.

Edit2: Added the match points max stat.
Last edited by dlh on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

Very nice! :) Keep up the good work!
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

The matches played stat has been corrected. There was a dumb bug, which caused some players to have more matches played than rounds (huh?). The other data that relies on matches played is now correct (Matches % Won).

Edit: I also added team kill data. In the Options and Help panel you can click a group name, such as “Matches”, and it will toggle the entire group.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Nice work, are you planning to implement that Microsoft Trueskill thing you also had for Swampland?

Also note how G5 is actually in the top 10 of people with the highest match-win-ration!
PsYkO
Core Dumper

Post by PsYkO »

is it possible to create some kind of formula to implement matches played, kill ratio, zone ratio, etc etc into one statistic and then base the ladder off of that statistic?
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

that looks nice. well done, free kill.

yes.. how about top 50 players list similar to how CTWF runs their ladder? at least 10,000 played rounds to be on the top 50, calculating all average round won, points gained and kill ratio (and other more important stats) to give you a score?

that would be interesting to see. though i would need my names fixed, i have |x|flex, flex and |x|_flex all differently ranked, so i wouldn't get on the 10k list (if that was to happen).
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Yes, I'm planning on using the TrueSkill algorithm for this server, but I need to fix a few team-game related bugs before I do.

A formula based on other stats is OK, but I like TrueSkill more for ranking players.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

dlh wrote:A formula based on other stats is OK, but I like TrueSkill more for ranking players.
Yeah, it's basically the only well documented algorithm that sort of also works for teams.
Core Dumper

Post by newbie »

this is good stuff, reminds me of kotg, how about making a 1vs1 sumo ladder
1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 21, 24, 33, 34, 35

madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

Very nice. Now if we could get this for DS Mega Fortress... :rat:
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

madmax wrote:Very nice. Now if we could get people to stop playing at DS Mega Fortress... :rat:
The once and future "I told you so."
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

Goodygumdrops wrote:
madmax wrote:Very nice. Now if we could get people to stop playing at DS Mega Fortress... :rat:
Well, I don't like those 12vs12 matches that much, but the other day I and others were playing on Café for a bit and it was wah wah wah lag. Could have been some temporary thing though.

Is it always up nowadays?
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.