Settings for Shrunkland?

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Settings for Shrunkland?

Post by compguygene »

Does anyone happen to have the settings for the classic Shrunkland server? DBD|Nano and I were playing last night, and he suggested that I bring that server back! But, we don't have the old settings. If anyone does, i will bring it back!
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Settings for Shrunkland?

Post by sinewav »

:wink: Have you tried asking the previous owners?

http://swampland.servegame.com/smf/index.php
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Thank you for the link sine.wav. I have registered for the forum and will post there when an administrator approves my registration.
Swampy
Core Dumper

Post by Swampy »

I still have them, but I need to boot the old server back up and pull them off for you. I'll attach them to this thread once I get them for you. :D
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

thank you Swampy! When I host it...i would like to host it exactly as it was....Title and all.
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

compguygene wrote:thank you Swampy! When I host it...i would like to host it exactly as it was....Title and all.
Yay!
This post does not come with any form of Warranty or Return Policy.
If you're unhappy with this post, please feel free to suck it up and move on.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Holy crap, Swampy's still around?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

god i miss shrunkland.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

me too, that's why i WILL bring it back!
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

I personally don't believe that what the player community has become, or what's now become of the server list, deserve to have Shrunkland back. That said, if you're going to do it, at least be sure to do it right with the correct version (0.2.8.2) and the proper, most recent settings that had been tweaked/refined/whatever. I have two versions on my old hard disk and neither of them look right. There were crucial changes to some of the rubber settings, for example, but I can't remember what exactly anymore. Swampy may recall what I'm referring to and which set to use, as we've been through this a couple times before.

I don't know if the settings files get a date applied to them—like a "last modified" date? But according to my old PM's, it would have been around July, 2006 that the settings got pretty well set in stone.

Whatever.
Swampy
Core Dumper

Post by Swampy »

Lucifer wrote:Holy crap, Swampy's still around?
yep, still here! I check in every once-in-awhile to see what's going on but I haven't been playing at all. I race radio-controlled cars now - :mrgreen:

(That's not me in the background, he's a marshal that helps keep us on the track)

I just got back from vaca so I'll be posting the config shortly.
Swampy
Core Dumper

Post by Swampy »

compguygene wrote:Does anyone happen to have the settings for the classic Shrunkland server? DBD|Nano and I were playing last night, and he suggested that I bring that server back! But, we don't have the old settings. If anyone does, i will bring it back!
Here you go.. the much awaited config files for Shrunkland.
Attachments
shrunkland.zip
(23.49 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Thank you very much Swampy! I will put up Shrunkland, tomorrow, Labor Day!
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

I think that looks right to me. The only question I have is about the everytime.cfg file. The # cancels out the line, right? I hope so, because all but two of those with the # are way wrong (except cycle_speed and _sound_speed) . I have no idea how they got there, but you may want to go ahead and delete those. And, it seems the URL, too.

Code: Select all

ROUND_CENTER_MESSAGE 0x00ff00Get ready!
SERVER_NAME 0x00ff00Shrunkland in 2.8.2
SERVER_OPTIONS Small grid, no brakes
#CYCLE_RUBBER 5
#CYCLE_DELAY .04
#CYCLE_RUBBER_SPEED 70
#CYCLE_SPEED 10
#CYCLE_SOUND_SPEED 10
URL http://www.swamplords.com (Stats)
#CYCLE_RUBBER_TIMEBASED 1.1
#CYCLE_RUBBER_SPEED 200
Other than that, the only thing—that I recall—albeit somewhat inconsequential, is the SP_AI_IQ may have been increased. I can't remember to what, but I think it was as high as it would go before they'd just kill themselves from being too wanky. But, it does say SP_AI_IQ 67, which is an unusual number, so maybe that's right after all. I dunno; it's been 3 years! Oh, but the corresponding AI names were also changed to AI_Swampy, AI_Fonkay, and AI_Oscilloscope, if you want to do that.

And remember, be sure to use the 0.2.8.2 version; no earlier, no later.

I would also like to suggest that something be put in the SERVER_OPTIONS line or welcome message about this practice of berating people to "play open" or any of that other shit they're calling it these days. Maybe something along the lines of, "Users may play how they like, within reason. Please do not [badger, berate, insist, yell at, complain, harass, lecture, etc.] others to play by your made-up rules." I think that would be in the original spirit of Shrunkland (minus my own complaints about rim-hugging; that's my concession). If it were up to me, I would even put a line to the effect of "[pure grinds/sealing/closing/playing the game as originally intended] is encouraged!" After all, that was more than half the point and focus of the settings in the first place—to encourage and facilitate the use of pure grinds rather than adjusts and 180-grinds. It was all about "closing!" I sincerely do not see the point in bringing back Shrunkland if it just becomes another server dominated and controlled by these "open" assholes.

Any seconds?

Swampy, that RC racing looks like more fun than this. Are they gas-powered or are those suckers electrical? I've long been interested in that, but never had an "in" to give it a try—or even looked into it locally, to be honest, but yeah.
Last edited by Phytotron on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

Phytotron wrote:I would also like to suggest that something be put in the SERVER_OPTIONS line or welcome message about this practice of berating people to "play open" or any of that other shit they're calling it these days. Maybe something along the lines of, "Users may play how they like, within reason. Please do not [badger, berate, insist, yell at, complain, harass, lecture, etc.] others to play by your made-up rules." I think that would be in the original spirit of Shrunkland (minus my own complaints about rim-hugging; that's my concession). If it were up to me, I would even put a line to the effect of "[pure grinds/sealing/closing/playing the game as originally intended] is encouraged!" After all, that was more than half the point and focus of the settings in the first place—to encourage and facilitate the use of pure grinds rather than adjusts and 180-grinds. It was all about "closing!" I sincerely do not see the point in bringing back Shrunkland if it just becomes another server dominated and controlled by these "open" assholes.

Any seconds?
I find myself agreeing with you for the first time in a long while. Miss you audrey.
This post does not come with any form of Warranty or Return Policy.
If you're unhappy with this post, please feel free to suck it up and move on.