Team uNknown.uNk

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Team uNknown.uNk

Post by AI-team »

Pr3 wrote:The music was default muted due to the negative feedback about having music. :idea:
++

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

What the fxck are people complaining about? This site looks sick, a good kind of sick. Good job everyone who worked on this.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Liz wrote:What the fxck are people complaining about? This site looks sick, a good kind of sick. Good job everyone who worked on this.
/me agrees.
akira
Core Dumper

Post by akira »

They probably complain about the use of Flash, which is good for creating animation flicks, but not efficient websites.

Edit: Although that is one of the better Flashsites.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

akira wrote:They probably complain about the use of Flash, which is good for creating animation flicks, but not efficient websites.
Yes, all of that. I personally don't like unnecessarily long load times so a bunch of stuff can zip around the screen, creating more visual noise pollution. Good design is difficult enough to achieve without adding the superfluous.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

The loading time is like 10 seconds for me. Some people need a better computer, derp.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

10? I think you should get a better comp then :wink: :lol:

EDIT: Is it only me or is the font (i.e when I hit "create a playlist") really hard to read?

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Liz wrote:The loading time is like 10 seconds for me. Some people need a better computer, derp.
My comment was directed at Flash sites in general regarding the ludicrously long load times. It's refreshing that the uNk site loads quickly, even for me. But your comment about "needing a new computer" actually reinforces my argument. Getting new hardware and/or a faster connection is an option for many people (including me). Remember, the visual impact of a site is only one dimension of design. Good web design is also accessible design.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Website design progresses along with computer technology, even though its not always practical, computer upgrading is neccesary if you want to smoothly browse the internet; over time.
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

Liz wrote:Website design progresses along with computer technology, even though its not always practical, computer upgrading is neccesary if you want to smoothly browse the internet; over time.
If anyone disagrees with the quoted statement, I would like to point you toward INW, who uses the equivalent of a TI-83 (Silver edition at best) calculator.

UNK: The website looks good, I think it is a little overdone though.
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

Tank Program wrote:Sad lack of font smoothing though.
AI-team wrote: EDIT: Is it only me or is the font (i.e when I hit "create a playlist") really hard to read?
Thanks for pointing out the text issues. The font had gotten mapped to something weird. It should be fixed now. With something much more readable.
-Infamous
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

akira wrote:They probably complain about the use of Flash, which is good for creating animation flicks, but not efficient websites.

Edit: Although that is one of the better Flashsites.
That. Plain HTML loads faster (yes, Liz, I didn't need anywhere near 10 seconds to load this), you can select it, scrolling works properly, much snappier interaction, can use tabs, always predictable, feels better, etc. But Flash is just... Flashy. It's really meant for games and the occasional animation.

ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Infa(mous) wrote:
AI-team wrote: EDIT: Is it only me or is the font (i.e when I hit "create a playlist") really hard to read?
Thanks for pointing out the text issues. The font had gotten mapped to something weird. It should be fixed now. With something much more readable.
No ): Not really

Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

AI, clear your cache then. It won't show up as fixed until you do so. :D
-Infamous
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Infa(mous) wrote:
The fonts do look better here now. Although in some cases I just suspect they're just too small. Also would be neat if it would respond to my forward/backward mouse button clicks.