The wanna be hacker who didn't cover his tracks

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Re: The wanna be hacker who didn't cover his tracks

Post by gawdzilla »

You want to end the drama yet you make condescending comments about peoples lives,
"Summertime, you always have a bunch a bored people deliberately causing trouble in Armagetron. I guess if you don't have a fulfilling real life, you need to seek out chaos",
and claiming you don't wanna 'hurt' codehunter is hilarious to me seeing the title "wannabe hacker who didn't cover his tracks" and immediately accusing him for everyone to see. You should have maybe not attacked him in front of everyone, I'm not suprised that he's supposedly hiding.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Hey everyone guess what? This isn't just "drama".

Site hacking and threatening emails have certain legal repercussions. This isn't "OMG wut did you say about mah skillz?!" This about questionable, possibly illegal activity.

Did you ever think that the owners of the ID site, who make their money from ad revenue, might want to take legal action against someone who hacked their business? I'm sure they're not all too happy about loosing a site like ID's; it had a fair amount of traffic.

Did you ever stop to consider that an email threat to hack a person's server is a threat to their personal property and is punishable under the law in certain states?

No, those who call this "drama" probably didn't because they are too wrapped up in their heads to realize this type of behavior is unacceptable and quite serious - and goes way beyond drama in a game.

We have a lot of people here calling names and trying to defend Rajinn's personal character, which has always been questionable. It doesn't matter if you like him, or destiny, or gene, or liz, or mecca, or anyone else.

I'm interested to see some proof to counter the very strong, and serious accusations against him. Currently, there is none.
Last edited by sinewav on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Thank you sine, I was trying to think of how to word such a post, and saw you posted it!

I would also like to point out a further development in this. As I have shared, I am in contact with Taz via IM and wish to talk to Code via IM. Taz has informed me that Code's job as an operations manager for Lowe's is taking him to Canada for 3 weeks, effective immediately. He found out via a forum, not IM, and has stated that he has had no other contact with code in the last few days. From the standpoint of ID and Wild West here is where things stand, as far as I can see. Taz and Code are currently banned from all ID and Wild West Servers and Forums. As I have stated in an earlier post on this thread, all other VCL members are still welcome on Wild West Servers and Forums at this time. As a moderator in Wild West Servers, I will be watching for fun gameplay, and good behaviour by all parties. If anybody is still angry at anybody, own them on the grid, and not by TK's but good old fashioned skillz! I love to see a great fight on the grid between 2 ctf teams, for instance, and sometimes just like to spec and and learn from the best of you!

As sine pointed out, this stuff is serious, and needs to be taken seriously! By the same token, this is a video game, and is meant for fun! So let's have fun and try to enjoy each other's company. The real world can be stressful enough. Let's keep Armagetron a place for fun, not hacking, hate, and angry crap!
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

I don't think it's joke that ID got hacked, but i do think this thread is a joke. If you have solid evidence it was someone, contact whoever hosted your site and tell them, or call the cops(don't know how effective that would be). If there is no solid proof then I'd say stop accusing people. I don't get what posting this here would even accomplish besides starting a 5 page insult-fest. The issue isn't just "drama", but this thread is.
You've gone too far, turn back!
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

yeah ppl need to understand that there is a difference between drama (= can be entertaining, annoying and hateful but it's actually just crap talk) and hacking (= a criminal act). this discussion doesn't lead to anything if it's always connected to your personal feelings and opinions about rajinn, his clan or anything about his "skills" which aren't worth a lot if he can't give evidence that he didn't hack the id forum.
atm nobody should be blamed or anything and we have only a big mass of rumours (call it tron gossip if you want) but the thing itself is more serious because it isn't just a normal thing.
and once you are sure it was rajinn who did this (and there are many fingers pointing at him for known reasons), the only remaining question is "why?". that's again part of the tron drama :)
imo a less emotional discussion would be more appropriate.
Last edited by Word on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Van-hayes wrote:I don't get what posting this here would even accomplish...
You're totally right, I questioned that myself. I understand trying to solve problems within the community without involving external parties, however, this is one of those cases where legal action should probably be taken rather than just posting about it (or at least share information with the owners of the former ID site, who actually have the greatest case against the perpetrator right now).
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

The owners of ID's forum site have been contacted. And I am kewl with this thread just dying at this point!
F0RC3
Core Dumper

Post by F0RC3 »

i saw code/rajiin on the vcl vent yesterday by checking my ventrilo spy. he taz and others were there. i don't think he is away at a conference he is probabally just hiding
destiny
Average Program

Post by destiny »

Sine,

Thank you so much for your post, that points out the seriousness of this matter. I don't think a lot of them realize that this is a serious and legal matter. Perhaps Code does realize that since he is now suddenly "away" on business.

I have contacted forumer because my company, Wild West Hosting, was threatened with being hacked in the emails. I did prove, solidly, that they came from not only codehunter's email account, but from his physical computer/ip address. I hope that forumer will be helpful in this matter one company to another, so that we can evaluate the seriousness of the potential threat to our servers.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

And finally, besides sinewav's and Vanhayes's excellent comments on the subject, this discussion should be taking place in the Server Admins Only forum, where private information can be exchanged amongst the people that actually need it to protect themselves.

You can accuse all you want, but it takes a jury of your peers to convict, after an investigation by the FBI (which handles all computer crime).

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
destiny
Average Program

Post by destiny »

i don't see the server admin only area...
OppOse
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by OppOse »

@ Force: Code didnt leave until today.. which is why he was on vent last night.

Also, this is just a thought, but the emails were sent from [email protected].. right? I went on the vcl forums to find cloaket's profile which he posted a list of his hotmail, gmail and aim accounts on. Strangely, the account doesnt exist anymore on the forums. Just of of memory though, the words "cloaket", "creator", and "veary" are used in all of his addresses.

Is it possible that codes ip address would have been replicated in order to make it seem like he did it? I mean.. why would code include his first name in a spam email he sent out?

Im not defending him simply because he is in the clan. It just seems to me that between code, who spends WAY more time trying to improve our forums that sneaking around trying to cause destruction. Here we have cloaket, someone who basically lives to create chaos. Hes a known spammer, and from everything ive seen of the emails.. it looks like his style, not codes. Code does not speak that way.

What i really dont like is how people have to be banned without any proof. Its not right that taz and code are banned from a lot of servers now that this has happened. If there were proof, i would say go for it.. but to me it just seems very unfair at this point.. just jumping to conclusions.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Having reviewed more evidence at this point than has been posted, I can assure you Oppose that this is an IP that is associated with Code. Also, no real hacker worth his salt would ever have done such a poor job of trying to mask himself. At this point, the relevant information is being turned over to the proper authorities. This is a process that takes time.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

OppOse wrote:Is it possible that codes ip address would have been replicated in order to make it seem like he did it?
nope
ZURD101
Core Dumper

Post by ZURD101 »

remote access?