-|ASoNe|- Armagetron Social Network --A51--

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
AdyLucifer
Average Program

-|ASoNe|- Armagetron Social Network --A51--

Post by AdyLucifer »

The death is so sure of its victory,that it gives us a whole life to try escape.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: -|ASoNe|- Armagetron Social Network --A51--

Post by epsy »

Bloated.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I like reading the title as "As One" rather than "A-S-ONE." Interesting idea. No other comments really.
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

Welcome to the first Armagetron website of this kind.

The success of this website depends on you.

Upload pictures,video and music!Keep contact with your tron friends visiting their profiles and posting there, or using PM,add interesting articles,chat with Audio/video, or spend your time sharing your life on your blog, post new events to keep us all informed, or create a poll to find out our opinion.All that is what is this for. Hope you enjoy.

Ah, and you dont need email to register.
The death is so sure of its victory,that it gives us a whole life to try escape.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

Ady's pretty right on about that - its the type of thing that will work if everyone does it.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

tried registering
doesn't seem to accept me logging in

sometimes systems complain when the name starts with a digit...

[why is i can't seem to get access to things these days...
story of my life just now... :roll: ]
hold the line
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

u've registered, as i can see, but cant login?
Be careful with passwords as i dont have a mailserver installed so u cant retrieve lost passwords.It will be possible later on when we'll move it to another server with more bandwith if it gets popular.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Well, in general, I think you're trying to do too much there to do it all well. Some specific things I noticed:

The media stuff doesn't work for Linux people. None of it plays, it just stays stuck at the beginning. Edit: that may just have me being impatient, it works here at work. You should however be careful with that copyrighted material. And by careful, I mean you should remove it, or sooner or later, your whole site is going to be taken down.

The huge generic banner on the start page is quite annoying.

Plus, layout problems for those of us with high DPI monitors:
Attachments
Forums in Firefox.
Forums in Firefox.
Forums in Konqueror.
Forums in Konqueror.
Than one looks OK in Firefox. It's not actually a DPI problem, it looks the same on lower resolutions too (in Konqueror).
Than one looks OK in Firefox. It's not actually a DPI problem, it looks the same on lower resolutions too (in Konqueror).
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

For me there are no layout problems except in IE (So inusual!).Here are the screenshot i took, as about the multimedia , yes you are right, but what kind of music are we supposed to upload then :S.Its kind of a controversy.
I removed the banner and posted a link to firefox download page instead,never too late to try save some IE users =).

Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback,hope i could do something to modify the website itself but it comes as a bundle of software which is opensource but its all too complicated to me so i dont really want to mess out with it,maybe soon if someone has the time to do it we'll change the hostserver and give permissions to that person to manage it.
Attachments
windows xp on 800x600 firefox
windows xp on 800x600 firefox
ubuntu 800x600 normal dpi
ubuntu 800x600 normal dpi
120 dpi 1280x1024  ubuntu 8.10 on firefox
120 dpi 1280x1024 ubuntu 8.10 on firefox
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

some more screenies
Attachments
firefox windows
firefox windows
IE windows
IE windows
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

AdyLucifer wrote:but what kind of music are we supposed to upload then :S.Its kind of a controversy.
Simple and short answer: none at all :) That's one of the things epsy's comment is aiming at. There's simply so much stuff you don't actually need.

Some more things:
The 'Greeting' feature seems broken. Probably due do there being no mail server.
Do sex and birthday really need to be mandatory for the site's purpose? One of the advertised features of the system is that you can build dating services with it where that would be useful information, but ummm, yeah.
I generally don't like the abuse of Javascript. Clicking on some links gives a 'loading' popup. I realize that's so the page transition is more pleasing to the eye, but I already have a 'loading' indicator in my browser, and using javascript there prevents me from telling my browser to open those links in the background or a new window. I like the top menu system, though, finally something that actually works well.

(And yeah, the Z-Man that has signed up is me. Don't expect me to do a lot there. Those features the site offers that we don't have here already aren't particularly interesting to me right now.)
sol
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sol »

yeah, it's bloated but I'm looking forward to Ady's tweaks ;-)
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

Ok, removed video & music as i also thought it was of tiny interest( articles and blogs should be the star there,and this way it will use less bandwith avoiding further problems), fixed that search by sex ,etc thing,and did some minor changes.The damn website is not very easy to modify...If it seems bloated, you dont want to look at the code :O.
Ah, also fixed the links section which was full of dating site links! :O sorry for that I didnt see that there was a edit link page section there! :(
As for sex&age on profile - i think its correct to keep it there, because after all its made to know eachother so it makes it easier unless anyone feels bad because of its age or sex which would be a big problem it would have to solve with some expert's help :S.
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

2020 wrote:tried registering
doesn't seem to accept me logging in

sometimes systems complain when the name starts with a digit...

[why is i can't seem to get access to things these days...
story of my life just now... :roll: ]
Yes It seems it doesnt allow numbers when defined as varchar.
Anyway, try type alt+253 alt+167 alt+253 alt +167 ... result.... ²º²º!!
That is your new username on the site, they're characters and still is 2020 =), Enjoy it mate.

Edit. If you lose your password it can be solved, you tell me a word and i replace the md5 with the one generated from your word and voila =).
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

Ah,just in case, there are disabled features for guest users, so you better login on there to see it all.
Cheers.