Armagetron T-Shirts!

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
apparition
Match Winner

Armagetron T-Shirts!

Post by apparition »

We've talked about it before, but now that I'm working with a custom screenprinter, we have the opportunity to get inexpensive, high quality shirts.

Underground Printing - http://www.undergroundshirts.com

Shirt design contest?
Overseas shipping is cheaper than you might think
Small orders (Ladles) and/or large orders (community-wide)
Opportunity to raise funding
Enrich the community!
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Re: Armagetron T-Shirts!

Post by Tank Program »

apparition wrote:Opportunity to raise funding
Elaborate.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

hehe
i got a tron t-shirt for christmas two years ago
i'll try to get a picture of it up one day

can someone make a tron bowl competition
kind of like an invitation t-shirt :)

wonder if we can personalise them
stick out name tags...? team...?
hold the line
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Afaik, cafepress uses transfers to get the stuff on the shirt, which is a lot worse quality than screenprinted shirts.

I'd be up for a design contest, but I'm not sure if i would buy one. I made a tron-shirt a couple of years ago, and having more than one tron shirt would be kinda weird.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

Lackadaisical wrote:having more than one tron shirt would be kinda weird.
hehehe
hold the line
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Cafepress uses transfers, but the shirts come out pretty high quality. They also have a bunch of other merchandise, and offer a storefront. So they handle purchasing and shipping too. If we were going to do an ongoing merchandise/fundraiser, I'd be inclined to go with cafepress.

But that's not exactly what apparition is after, afaik.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
~*PsYkO*~

Post by ~*PsYkO*~ »

2020 wrote:
Lackadaisical wrote:having more than one tron shirt would be kinda weird.
hehehe
Or more than 0 ;)
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Tank Program wrote:
apparition wrote:Opportunity to raise funding
Elaborate.
Example: If we had a one color design on the front of the shirt, and ordered 50 shirts, the per piece price would be under $5 (after tax)

Price each item at $10, and we could raise $5 per shirt.

CafePress? Are you serious? Can CafePress beat the price and quality of a professionally screenprinted shirt? No. Iron-ons suck hard. They don't last and they look like crap. Price... go on CafePress and see how much they charge for that stuff.
2020 wrote:hehe
wonder if we can personalise them
stick out name tags...? team...?
Yep and yep.
PsYkO wrote: Or more than 0 ;)
And don't listen to PsYkO, he's just embarrassed at how much he sucks since he started playing again :P
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

apparition wrote: CafePress? Are you serious? Can CafePress beat the price and quality of a professionally screenprinted shirt? No. Iron-ons suck hard. They don't last and they look like crap. Price... go on CafePress and see how much they charge for that stuff.
You keep missing what the primary benefit to using cafepress actually is. The shirts are of reasonable quality, but that's not the primary benefit. The primary benefit is the storefront, handling payment/logistics for us. That's what the extra charges are for, by the way. Your way of raising money, as I told you before, will require significant effort on somebody's part. It also requires paying in advance for the shirts, and if you don't sell enough to even break even, it's not a terribly attractive fundraiser.

Like I said before, nobody's questioning that you can beat the quality of the shirt. So you can quit beating on that particular sales point. ;)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Lucifer wrote: The primary benefit is the storefront, handling payment/logistics for us. That's what the extra charges are for, by the way. Your way of raising money, as I told you before, will require significant effort on somebody's part. It also requires paying in advance for the shirts, and if you don't sell enough to even break even, it's not a terribly attractive fundraiser.
No, I totally understand, I just didn't fully address the issue. Basically, if what you want to do is have a shirt that is ironed on and shipped for $20 without doing any work from within, then anyone can go set up a store with CafePress. I'm not arguing that you should ignore that they deal with the payment and shipping without ordering shirts up front. But maybe you aren't of a fundraising mindset. Fundraising through CafePress with a community like ours is just stupid because it doesn't really benefit anyone. Someone's out $20 for a crappy shirt they don't even want to wear and a dollar goes to Arma...

If we take into consideration that sometimes you have to work to raise money and not just sit around waiting for people to buy your stuff, then I think we can move forward with this rather than just roll over and say we're too busy, our time is too valuable than to work on a fundraiser (when we all spend more time on this game than we would put into shipping shirts). At the core of this idea is that maybe some of us are willing to put in some work for a fundraiser that could raise a couple hundred bucks for arma (you can't expect to get paid for nothing).

I, for one, am willing. If anyone else wants to start spending some time on how we can do this rationally instead of pointing out what we all are smart enough to figure out, then I implore you to get involved.
Lucifer wrote:Like I said before, nobody's questioning that you can beat the quality of the shirt. So you can quit beating on that particular sales point. ;)
I realize your point, but the issue needed to be addressed. Anyway, this isn't a fundraiser for me nor is it a "sale" in the general sense of the salesman making money from a sale. Just to let you know, this isn't a sale for me at all. I don't get commission or bonuses, I'm an hourly employee and I like my job.

If anyone in the Arma community is interested in getting inexpensive shirts and raising some good money, I'm offering my time to getting some that are professional quality and effing awesome for less money than you'd be able to go to a store and buy.
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Well, count me in for one shirt if this is going to happen. I won't waste my money on cafepress, though, I'd rather donate that money directly without getting a crappy product.
There's no place like ::1
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

another 2cents: you could use bigcartel.com for a storefront.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

yo I only mentioned cafepress as an example/idea, dont actually know anything about the quality or anything
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

cool designs first, printing issues later.

start!
Attachments
easy, 1-color design can be printed by anyone, anywhere. hard to screw up. and cheap.
easy, 1-color design can be printed by anyone, anywhere. hard to screw up. and cheap.
aashirt-1.png
aashirt-1.png (8.97 KiB) Viewed 4266 times