Armagetron T-Shirts!

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

I would suggest staying with a front. It's only about $1.50 more to put something on back, but whatevs. I also like graphics on shirts way more than text. Text leans too much toward those annoying saying shirts IMO.
So, you don't have any designs of your own? Not even a suggestion for one? Smile
I would really like a shirt that has an exploded view of a lightcycle and I would definitely wear it. The process of creating the design would be extremely creative and difficult for anyone not into precise pseudo 3D design creation, but I think the shirt would be simple/complex and sell very very well.

We should also start trying to spread the word about this more. Are there any server admins/mods that wouldn't mind putting something like "Want an Armagetron shirt!? Buy one from..." or "Design an Armagetron shirt, get free lovin'!" on their servers for a while?
Attachments
Exploded view of Wii Controller
Exploded view of Wii Controller
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

apparition wrote:I would really like a shirt that has an exploded view of a lightcycle...
Yeah, that is an awesome idea. And I would promote shirt designing on my servers, but I'm the only one who plays on them. :|

Man, I'm so bored at work right now. There is literally nothing to do today. I would go home but, there are more cute girls here than in my apartment, which currently has zero girls, cute or otherwise.
Attachments
Maybe even a Death Zone on black would be cool.
Maybe even a Death Zone on black would be cool.
aatdesign-7.jpg
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

apparition wrote: I would really like a shirt that has an exploded view of a lightcycle and I would definitely wear it.
Only tough thing is that no one knows what the inside of a lightcycle looks like :/

I like the DZ on black shirt, sinewav :D
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

The sequence in TRON shows the light cycle forming around Flynn.
Attachments
ie.png
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

I like that idea, appa, we could even make it so it reveals a person inside sitting behind a computer! I think you could add text if it integrates well, maybe have something faux retro/pixelish kind of thing with the same perspective.

Here's another idea. I guess my goal with these is just trying to get something that conveys a lightcycle game. And it's the armagetronapple icon!

It's got loads of colors now, but this could be reduced to two.
Attachments
armashirt2.png
Last edited by Lackadaisical on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Anyone else who's interested in doing mock ups of the exploded view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ODe9mqoDE
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Sorry for double post.

Lackadaisical wrote:Here's another idea. I guess my goal with these is just trying to get something that conveys a lightcycle game. And it's the armagetronapple icon!
Yeah, this is actually really cool and funny, too. The shift + esc after getting owned = lulz. The F4 instant chat after pwning = lulz.

Seeing this very colorful design made me realize how cool it would be to have more color. I started messing around with quoting different inking and we could have a two color design for about $6, three color for $7.

Anyway, I think the the exploded view would look great one color and be cost effective, thus raising more money.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lackadaisical wrote:It's got loads of colors now, but this could be reduced to two.
Awesome. Hey, maybe you could change the "F4" to "5" and we put that instant on the back of the shirt. (Grind everything...)
Thump
Average Program

time limit?

Post by Thump »

Hey all. This is a great idea, i am only just hearing it however :(. I would like a shot at making a graphic.. how much time do i have? /me is a noob
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

Just get the graphic done as fast as you want to :P
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

So, should we start a poll and vote on a design?
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

Well... I think we should start a contest for the design, and the top 1/2/3 or something get printed. But just thinking out loud :D
-Infamous
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

I think we should find a few good designs before voting on which bad one we like better.

EDIT: Wow that sounds bitchy.
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

I think the current designs are pretty good, but we should wait for more...
-Infamous
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Fonkay wrote:EDIT: Wow that sounds bitchy.
Maybe submitting a design, or at least a suggestion would be nice.

And why do wee need a contest? We just need thoughtful contributions.