arma 3.0 on mac?

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
zoidberg
On Lightcycle Grid

arma 3.0 on mac?

Post by zoidberg »

hey,
so one day I had like, four hours to kill and eventually found a binary release of arma 0.3.0 for OS X... Which was really exciting b/c I had been trying for weeks to compile the source with nothing to show for it but handfuls of hair on the floor, bloody fingernails and a bunch of packages and libraries that I'll never use hiding somewhere in /usr ...
anyway, I lost the URL I found for the OS X 0.3.0 binary and was wondering why it is so hidden? I had to mull around sourceforge for a long time and I couldn't find it again when I was trying to tell a friend about it...

Uhm, *shuffles his feet* I was also wondering whether you awesome dev's had some graphics stuff on your to-do list for 0.3.0... Don't get me wrong, you guys rock and the custom cockpits for 0.3.0 are, well, let's just say I drooled over it for a little while.. But the rendering quality in 0.2.8.2 is honestly a lot better...

those are my two burning questions :)
/me clicks his pen and reaches for his notepad in uber-excitement

-Z
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The 0.3.0 download links for all platforms are all equally visible, as far as I can tell. If you are hungering for more snapshot builds, sorry, it is unlikely there will be more: that is because the number of us who can actually do builds for the Mac is at most 2.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Z-Man wrote:the number of us who can actually do builds for the Mac is at most 2.
now 6 ;)
sol
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sol »

....if there are 6 now - could anyone upload new builds for 0.3 - e.g. Wrtl's r8355 - to the beta site?
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

he only said 'can do', don't expect so much from d0rka :D
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

epsy wrote:he only said 'can do', don't expect so much from d0rka :D
/me agrees 100%
sol wrote:....if there are 6 now - could anyone upload new builds for 0.3 - e.g. Wrtl's r8355 - to the beta site?
I decided to build r8394 (newer is better right? ;)).

@ nemo/Z-man: How do I turn it into a .dmg file? When I build the 0.2.8 branch there is an option to do that, but when building the trunk that option isn't there.

@ sol: I can't upload to luke's beta site (for obvious reasons ;)), but if you want I could upload new mac builds periodically to a different website (unless luke talks to me again (highly unlikely)), of course I would have to figure out how to turn it into a .dmg file first :P.
sol
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sol »

Durka, how about something similar to Wrtl's special cube page like: http://beta.armagetronad.net/mac

I think folks would appreciate new Mac builds for 0.3. Nemo?