Shrunkland getting worse

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
El_Greto

Shrunkland getting worse

Post by El_Greto »

Hi there,
dunno if this is the right forum, but in the server-forums was no thread to the swamplord servers..

First of all, i got to say that i love Shrunkland, low rubber is really fun. And most of the players there are nice guys to have a good game with.
Unfortunately, an "open - close" discussion there is normal, but thats completely ok. I like playing this game without closing walls very much, it is not so boring like closing and camping. But thats just how i think.

But what the Admins do, or better namely "DrJoeTron" is not ok anymore. He is kicking and banning people just for playing an "open" game. No rude words or so, just playing or disagreeing with something makes him kick. He destroys the server. Many of my friends, including me, got kicked and banned the last weeks.
Swampy, perhaps you should ponder to change this admin. Kicking people just because you dont like the color of their bikes is not administration, it's fascism.

so far

el
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

He does it on purpose, too. :)
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

There's no place like ::1
El_Greto

Post by El_Greto »

I read that already. But its not what i am talking about. I dont tell people to play "open". I just want to have the simple right to ask other players if they would like to play "open" too. For a different gameplay.
But its not just the fact, that people get kicked for questions. What is really annoying me is the practice of kicking people, just because of the ability to do that. I am sad and annoyed that there are admins, behaving like little kids in the sandpit.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

I have yet to see a little kid kick another out of a sandpit.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
El_Greto

Post by El_Greto »

Thanks for this really relevant answer.
to explain the sandpit:
admin behaves like a little child that was stolen his tiny little plaything. no arguments, just violence as an answer. now you understood it too? :-)
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

El_Greto wrote:just violence as an answer
Because kicking is so violent :)
El_Greto

Post by El_Greto »

Because kicking is so violent
I knew anybody would say that. I would love to get responses on the Problem and not on singel words in this post.
Perhaps you have a look into your dictionary the next time. I didnt tell anything about the quality or even the kind of violence.
Admins got might, if they abuse it the way i described, it is violence. Simple, isn't it?

Please try to respond on the problem next time.
Thank you.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I don't know that there is a problem. I haven't seen it, but I don't play a lot of shrunkland. In my experience, though, Joe is a good admin (even though he calls himself a badmin).

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Such a poor, poor victim. The only person from shrunkland to be kicked because he was such a great guy. Never was a jerk, never trolled anyone to support his opened handicap. Not ever. Especially that time he was banned for being super nice to other players. Such a shame. Especially everyone else who was kicked or banned for playing "Open", they're always just so polite.

DOWN WITH JOE! am I doing it right?
El_Greto wrote: Kicking people just because you dont like the color of their bikes is not administration, it's fascism.

el
You really had me almost feeling guilty untill this last sentence. This is priceless. It's a good idea too. I'll be sure to give you credit when I start kicking out those filthy green bikers. :roll:
Last edited by DrJoeTr0n on Thu May 24, 2007 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Invader
Average Program

Post by Invader »

El_Greto wrote: admin behaves like a little child that was stolen his tiny little plaything. no arguments, just violence as an answer. now you understood it too? :-)
We behave like little children?
I think people coming into the server and calling someone a "******* ni**er closer" or "a ******* closing ****" and trying to vote them off and such ... just because they want to play the game?

The problem is not asking the question -- its the implications it has afterwards, once someone starts talking about "open or close", it sets off this stuff.

Who gives a shit if you play "open or close" ... "open or close" is just pseudo-discrimination. Its a lame issue and people need to be kicked for being "childish" towards people who just want to play the game.

If someone wants to play "open or closed", let them, **** this "oh its honorable to play open" bullshit, just play how you want. We might come across as facists but we need to take control of some of the crap that has infected shrunkland.

Thanks.
Invader
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

DrJoeTr0n wrote:Image

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
HellBlade
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by HellBlade »

DrJoeTr0n wrote:Such a poor, poor victim. The only person from shrunkland to be kicked because he was such a great guy. Never was a jerk, never trolled anyone to support his opened handicap. Not ever. Especially that time he was banned for being super nice to other players. Such a shame. Especially everyone else who was kicked or banned for playing "Open", they're always just so polite.

DOWN WITH JOE! am I doing it right?
El_Greto wrote: Kicking people just because you dont like the color of their bikes is not administration, it's fascism.

el
You really had me almost feeling guilty untill this last sentence. This is priceless. It's a good idea too. I'll be sure to give you credit when I start kicking out those filthy green bikers. :roll:
OMG NOT /b/!!!!

OH NO I HAVE A GREEN BIKE!!!!!!

you live in china???
Ricochet
Round Winner

Post by Ricochet »

AM I DOIN IT RITE?!?!?!