The truth of Hyphy

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Canada
Average Program

The truth of Hyphy

Post by Canada »

i see most people have seen my thread about me leaving, posted on 2/20/07, and i was given a suggestion by Lucifer to create a new name. so i thought, and i thought, and i came up with a plan, and the alias, plus. this plan, was very intellegent, but required strategy.

Part 1 Befriending Hyphy

By now, i had been playing for a day and a half, and came apon the target. yes, Hyphy.

i talked with him and befriended him. through chatting with him, i discovered his actions. he sells and takes drugs.

Part 2 Gathering more detailed information.

Hyphy told me to IM him, Alienwarecrazy16. i became more friendly and acted casual. he told me more. i asked him, 'how do you make money' he said; in exact quotes "dont tell anyone but i steal credit cards" he then asks me for an empty bank account and said 'lwl' (not very important, but will make legit laugh)

please note, i am under the alias of Plus.

Part 3 Exposing Hyphy

Now, it is march 4th and i have retired from Plus, and am using my known alias Canada. i go on irc chat and i tell everything that happened. Luke Jr tells me that he will try to find AIM logs. he tells me to download VRC and he searches through for about 2 hours. he is unable to find the logs, due to that version 5.9 of AIM does not support logs. after Luke Jr cannot find the logs, he helps me by downloading Gaim which does support logs, and downloads X-chat. (slightly irrelevent, just pointing out how nice Luke Jr is :) )

i know many of you will think, WHAT? but think back, Hyphy has been a big problem for Armagetron, and i will advise, not to trust him
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Keep in mind that you look like Matrox in the iceman thread in really general that may or may not still be there: you make a claim that can't be easily proved or disproved, but is extraordinary and derogatory.

… in anticipation of responses having to do with this.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
EagleEye
Average Program

Post by EagleEye »

I really don't see how this is much of our business. If he does do those things, then he will eventually get what is comming to him. But it is his life, and again not of our concern.

If anything, you may have opened yourself up to danger. In many States/Countries, to know a crime was committed, and not report it, is in itself a crime.
Canada
Average Program

Post by Canada »

EagleEye wrote:I really don't see how this is much of our business. If he does do those things, then he will eventually get what is comming to him. But it is his life, and again not of our concern.

If anything, you may have opened yourself up to danger. In many States/Countries, to know a crime was committed, and not report it, is in itself a crime.
everyone knows hes an asshat, its everyone's buissness thats met him
Canada
Average Program

Post by Canada »

Jonathan wrote:Keep in mind that you look like Matrox in the iceman thread in really general that may or may not still be there: you make a claim that can't be easily proved or disproved, but is extraordinary and derogatory.

… in anticipation of responses having to do with this.

i have not read iceman's thread, and do not know matrox.

but while i know its cant be 100% proved, because i know for a fact that he told me, but i'm not sure that he was telling the truth. with the fact that, why would he make himself look worse. but everyone knows hyphy's bad side, because theres no good side to him.
hyphyleo
Average Program

Post by hyphyleo »

nice goign asshat you post my personal AIM on the world wide web
go **** yourself right now
i don't steal credit cards
go **** yourself again
you have no life
go **** yourself again
i dont take drugs
go **** yourself again

kthx

P.S i'm a undercover fbi agent, a rapist, a pedophile, a hairdressed, a woman, a principal, and your PARENTS
roflmycopters
hyphyleo
Average Program

Post by hyphyleo »

TRYING TO CATCH ME RIDING DIRTY
roflmycopters
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Hyphy is just a young kid that likes to mess around on the internet and doesn't care about the consequences because there is no way proving what he says is true. Even if he said he steals credit cards, the fact that he says he does it doesn't mean that he really does.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Nevertheless, Canada should report what he got to the authorities, just so he doesn't get into trouble for knowing about a crime and not reporting it.

Not that I give the reported claims any truth value. Nobody smart enough for credit card fraud is dumb enough to brag with it to a stranger. Hyphy is probably just messing around.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Actually, I'm willing to give the credit card theft claim some credibility, mostly because I think I know someone who has actual records to show it. Someone besides Canada, of course.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
~*PsYkO*~

Post by ~*PsYkO*~ »

Meh..noo one should care about hyphy and a few others anymore..lost causes, might as well forget andhope they leave lol
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Temporarily locked pending moderation.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Not quite sure what other admins' thoughts are, but I don't really think the forums here is a place for claims like this. It never works out well. Something like this is best handled in private, or with the appropriate authorities. Other than happening to know the person, why should most of the Armagetron community need to know about this. Because hyphy's a "bad person?" Not for me to decide, and let's face it, this is the internet. It's wonderfully easy to make stuff up. Sooo, might have to make an official forum rule to keep stuff like this out of here. I appreciate it if you're trying to warn Armagetronners at large, but in the end it's never very constructive.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I agree with you here. Accusations of this kind are pointless, there will always be the benefit of the doubt unless there is hard evidence to convince us; and if there is hard evidence, there is no reason not to go straight to the police with it. If someone needs our help to dig out this evidence (say, he needs a user's IP), he should PM one of us for it, then go to the police with it. It's especially pointless here since it's two users against each other that both didn't manage to make too many friends here.

One "what if" bothers me a bit here, though. Remember a while back when Hyphy had Vista problems and offered to order stuff from online stores and send them directly to me? I had do decline that offer for technical reasons, but suppose they hadn't been there: What if someone had a suspicion the money paying for my stuff would be stolen (and possibly directly and in a way that will fall back on me and me alone)? I would have liked to know about that suspicion, whether it was true or not!
EagleEye
Average Program

Post by EagleEye »

Canada wrote:
EagleEye wrote:I really don't see how this is much of our business. If he does do those things, then he will eventually get what is comming to him. But it is his life, and again not of our concern.

everyone knows hes an asshat, its everyone's buissness thats met him
What he does in game is everyone's business who is bothered by him. What he does with the rest of his life, is none of our business unless we are directly effected by it.