Discussions bout movie packs

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Discussions bout movie packs

Post by philippeqc »

Hi,

Yes I've started a list of all the movie packs.
If you want to discuss about it, plz make it here.

If I forgot something, say it here

If you want something changed, fix, say it here

you get the pattern?

Ok, first of all, I think we need some quick guide lines about the format of pictures

I think they should all be 500 pixel wide (and that gives about 375 for height). That would allow for better view for all, shorter load time. Neafty big screen shot could be just linked.

Also, I think guru3 should host the archives. Its always lame to click a link and have the host server anser that the movie pack has dissapeared. If the author really want it removed, of course we should abledge.

Also, well, I'm a starter, not a doer. So I'm already bored by this little project. Anyone want to take over? Yes I know short attention span, but its only ... ooo look a the cute puppy, run puppy run. What was I saying again?

So, now discuss!

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

Hi,

In an effort of making the complete list of movie pack nicer to browse, I though it would be quite neat if all the pictures where generated in a similar resolution.

Because of the limited capacity of my computer, I cant generate any of the said pictures, so I'm looking for someone interested to lend a hand.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I can generate at up to 1280x1024 with all options on... After that my monitor doesn't support a higher resolution so...
SER
Average Program

Post by SER »

philippeqc wrote:Hi,

In an effort of making the complete list of movie pack nicer to browse, I though it would be quite neat if all the pictures where generated in a similar resolution.

Because of the limited capacity of my computer, I cant generate any of the said pictures, so I'm looking for someone interested to lend a hand.

-ph
ok I'll try to do it... I will mail u the screenshots..
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

No need to mail them to me, just post them in the same discussion where you have the other screenshot. I just link to the image in the collection post.

I try to follow all the discussions and add new screen shot as they are posted. But I think it would be nicer if all the screenshot where taken at the same resolution. Right now I've added your title screen.

I think 500 x 375 allow for enought detail, without being too big on the screen and on slower connections.

As for screen shots of higher resolution, I can always link at them. Check the nullUnit moviepack. This way, a poor unsuspecting surfer on his dialup wont be bogged down by a series of very large pictures.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
SER
Average Program

Post by SER »

Done... 8)

I can take screenshots of the other mods and/or resize the current ones... I just dun have the web space to host them all... mayb I can atach'em here?
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

you can attach, yes
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

SER wrote:Done... 8)

I can take screenshots of the other mods and/or resize the current ones... I just dun have the web space to host them all... mayb I can atach'em here?
Attach them to post in the discussions of the various moviepack that you make shot of. this way, they are on the server too.
Canis meus id comedit.
SER
Average Program

Post by SER »

Woot!

LightCity v0.1

Moonbase

Arena v1.0

Chaos beta

Linear

NullUnit

So I was too lazy to attach all the files post by post... anyways, this imges will be up till I need the webspace... so if anyone is kind enough to add it to the server, that will be kewl... :)
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

wow, super pictures there!

I've notice that you also picked the ones that really showed some of the nice details of each movie pack. For instance, on the 3rd one from arena01, you see the tires details! VERY NICE.

When I saw them, my first impression was "darn, I want to play that game". Been stuck at 320x240 no options for too long it seems!

As for the linking from your web site. I've noticed that in most moviepack posts, the pictures are actually on the forum. I've tried a few things, but I wasnt able to do it on my own. Surely someone could help with this.

You really did a nice publicity job for all of the movie pack! It surely will interest ppl to try them.

Thanks again.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

can i get my bike mods all up ons that sticky thread?

do i need screenshots?

ser, hook a brotha up

:roll:
SER
Average Program

Post by SER »

Yes, you will need screenshots... 500x375... and sure philippeqc will add it to the main list...
What will be really cool is if u add some southpark or timmy textures to the trails and/or grid walls.... and If u want I can make ur pack installable like armasmegmod...
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

well, i wouldnt want to rush a mod out.. dunno..

it would be cool to have selectable bikes, .. or, something along those lines.. blah

i guess i'll start on cartman C.H.i.P soon, so.. timmy wont be so lonely

then i can work on making the grid look like southpark

------------------------

anyone know why the moviepack gets such low fps compared to the default armagetron? i bet its the size of the texture..
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

SuPeRTaRD wrote:it would be cool to have selectable bikes
i believe k is working on that
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

SuPeRTaRD wrote:can i get my bike mods all up ons that sticky thread?

do i need screenshots?

ser, hook a brotha up

:roll:
Yes yes, of course.

I'm sorry, my slow brain, a '74 model, didnt register on its own to place your "cycles" mod on the moviepack list.

The question is now, with all the cycles that are floating around without a moviepack, with the eventual possibility of having different cycles for each players, should the cycles be located in a different super list than the moviepacks?

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.