Please Ban this Camper!

Tigers Network and other servers hosted by the same fellow.

Moderator: Tank Program

pixel
On Lightcycle Grid

Please Ban this Camper!

Post by pixel »

Hi,
I am in "Tigers Network Speed Blast"
and there is "Phytotron" ("Oscilloscope") who is camping 3 hours!
please ban him Tank Program I HATE THIS CAMPER he camps and always win! :x :x :x :x :x :x
i am so angry!!!
please ban him

P.S.: i am german, my english grammar is terrible....... :)
I am german, my english grammar is terrible :oops:
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Ok... Anything to say Osc? Imposter?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

This manic tirade is really deserving of a reply? Really? Sigh. Alright. Short version: It's petty and inconsequential. Don't worry about it.

Longer version: First of all, 3 hours—more like 30-45 minutes. Secondly, the course of events. I enter. I'm going about my own business. Not 15 seconds later, this kid begins repeatedly spamming the console with a 5-line instachat about campers and yadda yadda. He and his little buddies begin talking trash to me, much of it foul, and yadda yadda. I tried to explain that I wasn't "camping." I tried to explain that camping was an impossibility on a server with finite tail length. I tried to explain that they shouldn't be bothered by or with me—to stop throwing a fit and just go about playing the game. Yadda yadda. At any rate, apparently they define "camping" as lack of use of the turbo. I wasn't self-boxing or anything. I dunno, whatever. It's my own fault for letting him know you own the server, and directing him to this site.

Let it also be noted that this kid had to be ejected from Shrunkland for his typographical behaviour not long ago. Doc can corroborate this.
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

This is true about in shrunkland, pixel was pretty rude and had some colorful language.
dylan
Average Program

Post by dylan »

Oscilloscope wrote:This manic tirade is really deserving of a reply? Really? Sigh. Alright. Short version: It's petty and inconsequential. Don't worry about it.

Longer version: First of all, 3 hours—more like 30-45 minutes. Secondly, the course of events. I enter. I'm going about my own business. Not 15 seconds later, this kid begins repeatedly spamming the console with a 5-line instachat about campers and yadda yadda. He and his little buddies begin talking trash to me, much of it foul, and yadda yadda. I tried to explain that I wasn't "camping." I tried to explain that camping was an impossibility on a server with finite tail length. I tried to explain that they shouldn't be bothered by or with me—to stop throwing a fit and just go about playing the game. Yadda yadda. At any rate, apparently they define "camping" as lack of use of the turbo. I wasn't self-boxing or anything. I dunno, whatever. It's my own fault for letting him know you own the server, and directing him to this site.

Let it also be noted that this kid had to be ejected from Shrunkland for his typographical behaviour not long ago. Doc can corroborate this.
HA HA,your pretty rude and inoying yourself :wink:
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Was dylan in the server at the time? If so share your side of the story. If you're just here to antagonize, congratulations on taking up space on the message board with you're well thought out spell checked post dylan. Really, I mean it. You're awesome.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Heh. I suppose someone ought to point out one or two of silly's rants about how people should behave on any given server in a way that's normally expected on that server, but it won't be me, don't care enough about it. But, you know, when in Rome, act like Romans....

(This message has been smell-checked by Microsoft Web Spell Chcekcker (tm) )

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

Pixel... I'll tell you what I was told when I first started playing this game some years ago.

If you don't like it, LEAVE.

Believe me... if you follow that one simple step, you'll save yourself a whole lot of heartache. It's only a game. But I consider it a cult following. lol
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Lucifer wrote:But, you know, when in Rome, act like Romans....

I prefer to act like Vandals :lol:
Guigs

Post by Guigs »

My to cents on this issue:

I was there and I saw how Oscilloscope (a.k.a Phytotron, Come Get Me) was behaving on Speed Blast yesterday.

We could argue about the definition of camping for ages, but one simple way to put Oscilloscope's style of play is that he NEVER uses the turbo (even on 1-on-1), and that he rather skillfully ducks by building nice little mazes around him. Fine. Now, of course on Speed Blast people are here to enjoy fights at high speed, and this style of play is not best appreciated. As we do with anyone playing this type of ducking style, we kindly ask to speed up please. It's usually no real problem, we can all deal with campers.

However, campers are usually not constantly bragging around, insulting other players, or patronizing them. Oscillosocope is doing just that all game long. Incidently, he stated that he is not interested in winning anything in the game, be it a match or a better place on the ladder. He's obviously not here either to have a friendly time with other players. It actually seems quite clear the he is "playing" on Speed Blast just to annoy and irritate people. He is actually quite good at this particular "game".

I like Speed Blast not only because it is a very fun game, but also because people respect each others, and because there is a general friendly atmosphere. I would find it rather unfortunate that one single player would spoil this. Oscilloscope will most certainly disagree with all I stated above, but a simple fact is that whenever he's on Speed Blast, everybody is quickly getting very pissed off and angry.

The only solution we found so far is actually to all leave the server and let him rant with the bots.

Cheers,

Guigs
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Heh. All's I really know is the first time I went on speed blast ~2 years ago or so, I was told "speed up or leave". I asked "how do I speed up?" (I was a noob) and was kindly told to press the brake. I did so, sped up, realized this kind of play wasn't for me, said so as nicely as I could think of (I was still too new for anyone to realistically think I was trying to be nice) and left. Plenty of other servers for the play I wanted...

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

I think that instead of the speedblast crew getting mad at oscilloscope, they should try and learn from him. I mean killing someone who is going slower than you should really pose no problem at all (i wasn't there ofcourse, but the word 'boxing' comes to mind). Adapting to a new style of play and trying to beat someone using non conventional ways is for me personally one of the best things of this game. Letting him win with something like that for 45 minutes straight really just shows that you need to learn how to adapt.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah. If the server allows an unconventional, but often inferior style of play, why use it when there's a better way? I haven't played on speed blast often, but when I did play there I didn't use the brake often. And the players there weren't very good…
Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Lackadaisical and Jonathan,

I know that song. It's called: "It's fine, learn to play, noob". I was hoping for more constructive comments or suggestions. People regularly playing on Speed Blast know how to win against campers, thank you.

Read my post again, the main issue has nothing to do with skill play.

Cheers,

Guigs
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Please Ban this Camper!

Post by Lackadaisical »

Well that was my suggestion, i really doubt he'd still like playing his 'game' if he dies every round.

And well, did you read the first post? it certainly looked like the problem was that he was winning all the time.