Tigers Classic Settings

Tigers Network and other servers hosted by the same fellow.

Moderator: Tank Program

BaCtErIa

Tigers Classic Settings

Post by BaCtErIa »

I would love to see Tigers Classic settings/configs listed. I'm currently experimenting with my own server. After serious considiration (30 sec of deep thought) I've decided that I would realy like to build my server around Tigers Classic settings. Although I don't whant to set up a Clone server, I would realy realy like to see those settings. :lol:

I've been looking through the forums but there don't seem to be any earlier post listing the settings/linkin to them.

Anyone have them laying around?

( Sublime message : Share share share, We are one big happy armagetron family )

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :cry:
spirit
Round Winner

Post by spirit »

Welcome to the forums BaC!
Just PM Tank and ask.....
:P
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Well, from the text that scrolls by when you enter the server you can extract:

Code: Select all

CYCLE_ACCEL 14
CYCLE_DELAY 0.03
CYCLE_SPEED 23
CAMERA_SERVER_CUSTOM_BACK 20
SPAM_MAXLEN 200
CAMERA_FORBID_SERVER_CUSTOM 0
REAL_ARENA_SIZE_FACTOR 0.707107
CAMERA_SERVER_CUSTOM_PITCH -1
CYCLE_WALL_NEAR 5
CYCLE_BRAKE 40
CYCLE_RUBBER 4
CYCLE_WALLS_STAY_UP_DELAY 0
CYCLE_WALLS_LENGTH 0
CYCLE_EXPLOSION_RADIUS 0
That doesn't include some settings like the scoring system, but it should be a good thing to start with :)

Edit: don't change REAL_ARENA_SIZE_FACTOR, you have to set SIZE_FACTOR to -1 for that effect
There's no place like ::1
spirit
Round Winner

Post by spirit »

Hehehe that was fast wrtlprnft.
I just wanted to suggest that BaCtErIa might wanna read http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?t=1786 before he asks......
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Heh. It's pretty easy. If you have your armagetron compiled with debugging on it prints all the console messages to stdort, and from there it's just a matter of copy and pasting it into vim and some search and replace :D
There's no place like ::1
spirit
Round Winner

Post by spirit »

Screenshot would have been faster. :P
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Well on the bright side those settings won't do much good on recent server releases :).
BaCtErIa

Post by BaCtErIa »

:roll: Thnx {Vertigo}. I Don't know why it took me so long to join, but now I finaly here. :D. (Gotta love the Emoticons abuse).

Obviously I still got somethings to learn in this forum. Backtracked a few pages of post and did a search. Couldn't find anything related. Silly me. Thnx for the ref.

I started just yesterday with my first arma-server-setup, not very hard to get it up running, but gettin a feel for how all the settings affect the game , feels at first glance a bit harder. (And that is exactly why I feelt I could save me self some blood, sweat and tears by *STEALING* :twisted: someone elses settings.)

Anyways, it strikes me as a bit odd that anyone would want to keep there server-settings secret. The whole armagetron experience have been made possible through the open-source community (or have I missed something here...). Why not build on that?

Anyways, Tigers servers and, in particular, Tigers Classic rules (keep up the good work).

Thnx for the listing wrtprnft. An obvious solution there. I pretty sure that will quite alright for now :D
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Tank Program wrote:Well on the bright side those settings won't do much good on recent server releases :).
Yeah, keep this in mind, bacteria (are you more than one?). There are a lot of new settings, and of course all the changes in code, since 2.6, which is what Tigers currently runs on. There are some posts around here in various places about getting a 2.6-ish feel on 2.8 servers. There'd prolly be some disagreement, though. But whatever. The main point is just to be aware that there are a lot of new settings now that you wouldn't find in Tigers' config even if Tank gave it to you.
BaCtErIa

Post by BaCtErIa »

Ok, thnx for the tip Oscilliscope.

It's realy not a problem actually. I'm just tryin to get a feel for the effect of various settings. Although I feel that Tigers Classic it pretty darn ideal for servers in that "settings range", I wouldn't mind getting my hands on IceMans server settings wich are pretty good for that "settings range" and perhaps something like MBCs or DPs server settings for the higher speed/rubber settings range.

The problem for me right now isn't realy the basic rubber/speed settings, but rather combining those with the rest to get a playable good game (hehe, no news there I guess)

Although I just got and crazy idea, so it will not realy matter what settings I choose in the future.........