Performance?

Tigers Network and other servers hosted by the same fellow.

Moderator: Tank Program

Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Performance?

Post by Tank Program »

I've recently set up QoS (Quality of Service) on my server, which includes the Tigers Network servers. How have they been performing the last day or two? I'm hoping that the current setup is keeping performace relatively stable without lag spikes? I recently started hosting another fairly large website, so the QoS is an attempt to balance this additional traffic. Is it working? Can some people play for a while just to get the feel of the lag and say how bad it is? I see from tc (traffic control) that it is being forced to drop packets from the UDP outbound queue, is anyone noticing any obviously adverse effects because of this? I also lowered MAX_OUT_RATE to 12 from 16 in attempts to keep server bandwith usage distributed.

Hopefully in the next week or two my upgrade to 24mbit will be complete (ADSL2+) and that'll help out with whatever lag there is. Feedback please!
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

over the last couple of weeks ive found it to be much worse but not lag as such more like packet loss but I could be wrong

did you adjust either of these two settings at all ?

CYCLE_SYNC_INTERVAL_ENEMY 1.0
CYCLE_SYNC_INTERVAL_SELF 0.1
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I didn't adjust any of the settings in Armagetron.