deathzone, 0.2.8

Tigers Network and other servers hosted by the same fellow.

Moderator: Tank Program

Walking Tree
Match Winner

deathzone, 0.2.8

Post by Walking Tree »

any chance to have a deathzone instead of a winzone on tigers classic ?

and - will tigers be going 0.2.8 in near future ? i'm asking because you wanted to do so before you relaunch, but haven't.
on the grid as ~free::zombie~
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Re: deathzone, 0.2.8

Post by Tank Program »

Walking Tree wrote:any chance to have a deathzone instead of a winzone on tigers classic ?
No, part of what makes it classic.
Walking Tree wrote: will tigers be going 0.2.8 in near future? i'm asking because you wanted to do so before you relaunch, but haven't.
My main concern was really security, and I think I've ironed that out. As of yet, no real plans for 0.2.8.0 until I can really guarentee the same feel of game play, which I can't yet.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

I think you could get it rather close, perhaps with some trial and error. Lucifer was suggesting that Swampy should leave Shrunk up while (eventually) he moves to upgrade it to 0.2.8[whatever], so he would have a playable reference with which to compare the feel. Perhaps you could do the same. ::shrug::

But, I don't think anyone has figured out yet how to simulate bounce, heh.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

bump? heh

I've been playing a few Tigers servers lately, somewhat frequently—Classic, Team, and goshdarn clone. Now that Shrunkland has been a 2.8 for some time now, I'm fairly confident that with some tinkering you could get the feel nearly identical to 2.6, or at least sufficiently close, but sans bounce and stuff. And then there are also the setting or two (I forget which) that sorta take the place of bounce, in that they make 180 grinding and adjusting, erm, risky, to say the least. Maybe if you looked at Shrunkland's settings as a reference? I dunno, up to you, of course. Just thought I might bring it up again. :)
Lacrymosa
Round Winner

Post by Lacrymosa »

I completly agree with you Tank, the winzone is a part of the classic gameplay and it's also a weapon against campers.
Just leave the settings as they are.
Darz1

Post by Darz1 »

LukeSky wrote:I completly agree with you Tank, the winzone is a part of the classic gameplay and it's also a weapon against campers.
Just leave the settings as they are.
Mostly campers use winning zone... But, this is fine now
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I think I'll always keep the winzone, and as for upgrading to 0.2.8.0... Eventually I hope but right now isn't a good time.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Oh yeah, I was just talking about the upgrade part, if that wasn't obvious. Here's to hoping a good time happens to come sooner rather than later. :)

No comment on zones—win, death, or otherwise.