<< Speed Blast >>

Tigers Network and other servers hosted by the same fellow.

Moderator: Tank Program

sunny
Core Dumper

<< Speed Blast >>

Post by sunny »

Hey all
i cant good english
and i wont tell much
but this thing that i want to tell is

the server << speed blast >> is back!!!!

but now this server call ---> global network speedblast

come back all
and play with us

the server did >> if <<
and jaegermeister was the tester
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I must say, I'm not pleased with this. What's been done is a server run by another person has taken a name I created. A name which is associated with me, and I really don't remember giving anyone else permission to use it. I doubt I would have given permission in any case, but now, definetely not. I ask that the name be changed, because strictly speaking, it's not iF's, Jaeger's, yours, or anyone else's to use. You don't see me starting a server called Tigers Network Lobster Cage, or Tigers Network Swampland. It may be recalled that I had Tigers Network Armagoshdarn Clone, but I was never taking the name and making it mine exclusively. I'm also not thrilled about it being "Global Network" but I don't have the copyright on networks. But I do have it on Speed Blast, Classic Play, and Team Play.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

I've talked to iF now, should be OK.
iF
GLL Admin

Post by iF »

Lol here is a topic about this? :mrgreen: Thank you Sunny-Darling. :star:

Yesterday i startet 3 new servers:

:sdot: Global Network SpeedBlast
:sdot: Global Network Spacezone
:sdot: Global Network Cristis

Me and others missed the SpeedBlast - configuration and the SpeedBlast Server of Tigers Network. Thatswhy simply i startet the server named Global Network SpeedBlast.

Tank asked me to rename SpeedBlast to SpeedBlast-Clone or whatelse that the ppl can see the old-SpeedBlast is not online but the clone. I think - there is no problem to rename the server.

But much ppl want play on SpeedBlast - and if i rename Global Network SpeedBlast to Global Network SpeedyMax then the ppl do not see that i mean its the SpeedBlast-Config.

Thatswhy i renamed this server to "Global Network SpeedBlast Classic".

I think thats ok. The ppl can see what it means, the ppl can see "its not Tigers-Network", and the ppl can say "hurray SpeedBlast is back".

No barriers to fun. :snail:

Another thing: "Global Network" needs an own SubForum here (?!) and this topic is to move from here to this - because "Tigers Network" is not "Global Network".

>>But I do have copyright on Speed Blast, Classic Play, and Team Play.

Hmm Tank, hm hm. Because mutual respect from admin to admin (although I was not fair treated here before long time) i can say its not OK if somebody makes servers Named with "Tigers Network ***" - but its a lil bit impudently to say somebody got copyright for "Classic Play" or "Team Play" because every "Network" should be able to say: "Thats my Classic - or thats my Team Play".

I would like here no controversy - I cannot also English as well as many others - and its not my plan to make now a server named with "Team Play" or "Classic Play", but in this case i hope somebody here can remember in first there was the "Spacezone-Servers" also with "Spacezone Team Play" and "Spacezone Classic" - and long time later the "Tigers Network" was born.

I hope the topic seems finished b/c i'am not able for english-discussions and I do not hope anybody feel insulted.

No barriers to fun. :snail:
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

OT, but possibly related: I noticed a Smeg server has been running lately. Anyone (i.e., "vets") know what's up with that?
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

iF wrote:>>But I do have copyright on Speed Blast, Classic Play, and Team Play.

Hmm Tank, hm hm. Because mutual respect from admin to admin (although I was not fair treated here before long time) i can say its not OK if somebody makes servers Named with "Tigers Network ***" - but its a lil bit impudently to say somebody got copyright for "Classic Play" or "Team Play" because every "Network" should be able to say: "Thats my Classic - or thats my Team Play".
Maybe it is a bit impudent, but we'll cross this bridge when we come to it. The main thing is for it to be destinguishable somehow besides the Network bit from the server(s) I used to run, which it is now, so it's all OK now.

Cheers :).
Joe
Core Dumper

Post by Joe »

if its not the original then how come you still start out in place 11,000?
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

The original went back up as part of the 2 year birthday present to the forums.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

This seems to be settled[1], but...

You /did/ fork Armagetron and call it Armagetron Advanced. iF forked your servers and called them Global Network <Tiger's server-name>.

[1] I have no idea what the solution was. Did iF rename his servers?
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

he changed the name from speed blast. and it wasn't really a fork of armagetron... it was the continuation when nothing else was going on. yes it looks similar but trust me no it's not.