Classic Play and Speed Blast - Retired

Tigers Network and other servers hosted by the same fellow.

Moderator: Tank Program

Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Classic Play and Speed Blast - Retired

Post by Tank Program »

Sometime in like September/October the server that hosts Tigers Network (and incidentally master 1) died with a failing hard disk. Over the holidays I've finally gotten physical access and recovered everything, but I've decided to let sleeping dogs lie. Tigers Network Classic Play and Tigers Network Speed Blast are now officially retired. (Not just tired.) Classic Play lives on in it's more-or-less direct config successor as Guru3's Server, but Speed Blast is definitely done for. However, kyle's asked for the settings and he's got a point. I'm not going to be using them anymore so certainly anyone else who wants to can use them. They're attached. You should note that these settings are for 0.2.6.0 and while I believe they should be fully 0.2.7.x compatible, they definitely won't play nice with 0.2.8.x and above. Or really, they'll work, they just won't produce the intended results.

Eventually I'll get around to posting final statistics. Would you believe it that Classic Play had 38,979 different players win rounds, and 13,038 win matches? Speed Blast was slightly less popular with 24,915 and 7,144. (The other two Tigers Network servers have long since faded into oblivion, and I'm afraid it won't be much of a network with just one server... Maybe I'll change the name of my last server to just plain old Tigers Network.)
Attachments
speedblast.tar.bz2
(5.08 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Re: Classic Play and Speed Blast - Retired

Post by kyle »

Thanks tank :) Hopefully I can figure out how to port them to 0.2.8 and trunk

Edit: From what I remember it those settings don't seam too far off, at least testing it locally.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

tigers classic ftmfw
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Hoax wrote:tigers classic ftmfw