Norm Issue?

Tigers Network and other servers hosted by the same fellow.

Moderator: Tank Program

blane
Project Advisor

Norm Issue?

Post by blane »

Could someone please enlighten me about the issue with norm (in private, if wished). i heard he won't appear anymore (at least not officially) because of some argument with a camper.. would be pretty sad :/
/* I have the heart of a small child. It sits on my desk in a jar. */
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Hmmm, I haven't heard this...
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

Last edited by SuPeRTaRD on Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

tard ive never known you to be annoying/camper/baby only a 100% cool guy

i dunno why norm has done this ? do you wanna PM me his web address (just curious)

its (just) possible that someone has been using your name and annoying norm ? I have this problem, so many fake icemen out there causing havoc on the grid
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

SuPeRTaRD wrote:his website has slanderous rants about me
could you point me to this please?
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

http://tron.scheel-edv.biz/

Its announced when you enter his server.
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

no, ice, well, maybe, but thats not what happened the day he got pissed at me.. i was driving, fighting , & i got kicked, someone trapped me & i did a few turns to look around & then i was gonna come back out, i always come back out quickly,.. blah

i got kicked at a weird moment.. & i was figthing & doing good, it felt unfair.. i happened to be on a chat channel where tank was & i blurted out "thats bullshit!" or sth like that into the chatroom..

anyways,.. i guess he didnt like my 350+ ping or whatever, and he didnt like my driving style. he's never really said two words to me.. this could have all been worked out verbally.. right when it happneed, if someone asks me nice to leave, i leave, because i am nice.

so... i pretty much wont play on servers i have high ping to anymore..

i play without look keys, so sometimes i drive in weird circles just to see where other players are.. blah

i always try to play nice & get along with everyone, sux i failed so misserably that time.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

SuPeRTaRD wrote:no, ice, well, maybe, but thats not what happened the day he got pissed at me.. i was driving, fighting , & i got kicked, someone trapped me & i did a few turns to look around & then i was gonna come back out, i always come back out quickly,.. blah
I've been noticing a trend of new players in the breakfast servers that start yelling "Camper!" and crap like that whenever someone traps you. (I've been trying ot maze lately, too. Never makes the round last longer, I usually crash before everyone else finishes killing each other) But I've definitely noticed people expecting you to just die as soon as you're trapped instead of living thorugh it and going over to bitchslap the person who trapped you.

No kicks or anything yet, just what I'm seeing....

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

Last edited by SuPeRTaRD on Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

i tell ya what norm really hates is when you box someone on the outside against the arena wall leaving them no room which I called 'inverse boxing'

you'll get kicked for that for sure as I have many times (then playing using another name :lol: ). ive also seen other players kicked for the same reason

if norm dont like your style then its the big boot :twisted:
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

i have no idea abouth any of this and don't think you're a camper (of course) but you know, the internet has this tendency to aggravate people.

the word camper is often misused (just like lag), i'm sure most of us agree that:
camper = someone who deliberately boxes himself as a tactic to win

as far as i am concerned that is the real meaning of the word. just like someone can camp in a fps by sitting at the same spot the entire time, a camper in armagetron "kidnaps" an (often large) area of the map by boxing himself in and waiting until he has won or there's only a few players left alive...

btw i've been called camper now and then as well, anybody can get called stupid things.

another thing we should keep in mind is that:
1. some people get their kicks out of trolling and starting fights
2. some people like to impersonate others, sometimes to deliberately try to make people hate the impersonated person or manipulate scores

and these things aren't really solveable before we get authenticated identities/server logins
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

n54 wrote:camper = someone who deliberately boxes himself as a tactic to win
This is more or less the definition I use.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

i get kicked all the time i think getting kicked comes with my name, doesnt bother me. infact friends have kicked me before. doesnt bother me if people call me a camper, which alot of people do. comes with mazing and tunneling. i really dont care if i get kicked or banned its whomevers decision who initiated it. i just have one question tho, who in the hell is norm? :?:
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

Palatinum

Post by Palatinum »

Well sorry for my bad english in the next sentence

I looked at thoose discutions and i realy do not no, why there is any problem. High Pingers AND Campers makes all servers lame...

Norm did a very nice job as an admin on tigers classic, so it was MY server to play on.

today this server is getting a camperserver....and more highpingers are very welcome ....blah

if there was a missunderstanding, ok that happens sometimes, but i never recodnice any kicking without a good reasen.

well i hope classic turn back to the old rules :)

Palatinum