server stats...

Tigers Network and other servers hosted by the same fellow.

Moderator: Tank Program

Kamikaze
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Kamikaze »

Then, once again, thank you very much. :)
mathot

Post by mathot »

Sorry, I was a bit depressed the other day (and sometimes it easier to complain about virtual problems than real ones :wink: ).

Unfortunately it seems unlikey things (a.o. the ping problems) will get better soon though:
A team of UK and Australian astronomers has discovered new, independent evidence that the expansion of the universe is accelerating.
(and I am afraid Tank's universe is expanding at the same rate...)
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

That's a weird thing to quote right now, considering this article:

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/12/19/31896

Basically, the idea is that time itself is gradually slowing, and all of our measurements depend on the rate at which time passes to be a constant. If it's not, if it's instead slowing down slightly (even linearly, but I imagine a concave down decreasing curve) then distant bodies would appear to be accelerating but are in fact remaining at a constant speed.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Kamikaze
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Kamikaze »

I need some aspirins pills right now.
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Re:

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

Tank Program wrote:They're disabled for now. I'm working on something like http://electricpotential.net/temp/tankprogram.html to replace the disabled stats.
Did you ever finish this? Those stats are actually pretty nice if you could provide some sort of source code so others can use it, that would be pretty neat :)
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Re: server stats...

Post by Tank Program »

I never did finish this actually. This was generated with scorelog.txt and I ran into a line in mine that wasn't parsing correctly. Combined with trying to do the same thing two different ways and it taking for ever to parse a 5.6 million line file, I sort of gave up. It is in SVN though, has been for about 2 years. I should probably finish this and generate some final stats considering the server no longer exists.
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

Ah ok, they look pretty nice, but looks like too much information and it probably uses a lot of resources that might cause some lag?
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Well initially it took about 2 hours to run... I got that down to about 5 minutes. It's something that might work real time with a database and moderate load, or run it daily with heavy load for a short while.