Campers on Speed Blast

Tigers Network and other servers hosted by the same fellow.

Moderator: Tank Program

lag-master

Campers on Speed Blast

Post by lag-master »

i have been playing alot on your Speed Blast server, and i really love it alot! but recently i've noticed alot of noob campers and slow ppl in it... is there anything you can do to keep them out, i try explaining to them that you use brakes and go fast, but they refuse to do so, and they camp and are runing the nice fast game play...

please respond soon, thankyou

<edit> i read the other post about same problem on the classic play server, and i would like to volunteer to be an admin on speed blast, im on alot after school, like as soon as i get home from school (2:30pm), till like 9 or 10... less i have things to do in real life, which i usually dont, i can understand if you reject me as an admin, i am new to the forums and all, but im on alot, and i hate to see the constant campers... <edit>

-LaG
I love Tigersnetwork Speed Blast server!
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Hmmm... Strictly speaking, "technically" there is no rule against going slow on Speed Blast, at least, I never wrote one for it. This is something I'll have to think about. (BTW, I'm the Tigers Network Admin.)
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

tank you could make the bikes start faster (cycle_start_speed) and if players drop below a pre-determined speed (ie you dont use turbo) then you die

this will stop those pesky campers
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif
lag-master

Post by lag-master »

i understand that there is no rule, but i would like to suggest one... i like iceman's idea, but sometimes i slow down to get out of a box... so sometimes it would not be good... either way, it would help stop the campers... they just get in the way of all the speed, and you cant box them in if your speeding, or at least i cant... (ive tried and just get core dumped :roll: )
... and i figure if they want to go slow, go to a classic play server... i think the speed blast should be fast...

thank you for your time,

-LaG
iceman

Post by iceman »

i like iceman's idea, but sometimes i slow down to get out of a box
good point, maybe add a maximum of 30 seconds of slow speed allowed before you die :twisted:

edit: timer should only refill at the start of a new round
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

..or you just learn how to kill someone quickly who is slower than you, which shouldnt be that big of a problem.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

/me is still thinking...
iceman

Post by iceman »

Lackadaisical wrote:..or you just learn how to kill someone quickly who is slower than you, which shouldnt be that big of a problem.
problem is that ive seen players use initial speed to draw a huge box and box themself followed by mindless slow camping
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

iceman wrote:
Lackadaisical wrote:..or you just learn how to kill someone quickly who is slower than you, which shouldnt be that big of a problem.
problem is that ive seen players use initial speed to draw a huge box and box themself followed by mindless slow camping
Or you could just live and let live and quit trying to force the world to conform with your narrow viewpoint.
lag-master

Post by lag-master »

lol... my narrow viewpoint is that most ppl should have fun, and campers cause most ppl to get pissed off and ruin any chance of fun ever... why just today i had sark on speed blast talking crap while he camped the whole time.. not just talking crap... i was being harrased but i let it slide... i hope something happens to end the camping...

my view is widely accepted by most ppl that dont camp
-LaG
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

lag-master wrote:lol... my narrow viewpoint is that most ppl should have fun, and campers cause most ppl to get pissed off and ruin any chance of fun ever... why just today i had sark on speed blast talking crap while he camped the whole time.. not just talking crap... i was being harrased but i let it slide... i hope something happens to end the camping...

my view is widely accepted by most ppl that dont camp
-LaG
Try the "silence" menu. You see, Pung Girl (and whatever nickname she's chosen lately) is a regular feature around the breakfast servers, anyway, and she just camps and whines using half-spelled words and only making sense to other 12-year-olds. So most of us just silence her. That solves the problem.

There's only one situation I know of where camping is totally wrong, and that's when someone is intentionally camping to prevent other people from playing. Anything else is open for debate.

Segregating the neighborhood isn't just a suboptimal solution, it's about as ass-wrong a way to solve a problem as you can get.

Yeah, it's Tank's server, he can do whatever the fukkkk he wants with it.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Lucifer wrote:can do whatever the fukkkk he wants with it.
I swear I've heard that line in a movie somewhere... Or on some audio file...

I'll instigate a way of managing campers if I can think of a good one... Otherwise... I'm guessing I'm going to try the implement if speed < x for y seconds, but it may be a while...
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

If everyone else is pissed of, then kick vote of that player should be successful. Democracy rules.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Kickvote isn't enabled, but good idea...
iceman

Post by iceman »

good idea until a bunch of no talent school kids come in together and start booting the good players out