Idea for 0.4: sty+ct(+ap)?

Everything todo with programming goes HERE.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Idea for 0.4: sty+ct(+ap)?

Post by Lucifer »

kyle wrote: Once we have moving zones then
-Styball
-shooting
-spawn_zone
I'm actually against using zones as physical objects, heh. But it should be fairly straightforward, after we have moving zones, to create an object system, where you could then have bullets and balls and stuff. I'm thinking that's the way to go for CTF, too.

I'm imagining a fancy system where even your light cycle is such a physical object, just one that players can control, and then a whole bunch of tl;dr stuff I'm not going to write here. Instead, just copy and paste the zone stuff, rename everything, make it make sense for objects, and we can worry about a less hackish proper and full implementation some other century.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Lucifer wrote:...we can worry about a less hackish proper and full implementation some other century.
I think part of the problem with tron is that people like putting things off, and things never get done. I'm not blaming specific people, I think we all do it.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

aP|Nelg wrote:
Lucifer wrote:...we can worry about a less hackish proper and full implementation some other century.
I think part of the problem with tron is that people like putting things off, and things never get done. I'm not blaming specific people, I think we all do it.
I get what you're saying. However, in this context, this is me saying "Give us the code" rather than "Make sure it meets our standards of purity", meaning it'll get into the codebase quicker.

So it's not putting things off, it's getting shit done faster. And we'll deal with the lack of purity later.

Within limits, as usual, of course.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Applied both patches, thanks. Nelg: Any wish on how you want to be credited in AUTHORS?
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Z-Man wrote:Applied both patches, thanks. Nelg: Any wish on how you want to be credited in AUTHORS?
Vertrex wrote the /report system; I only grabbed the source and modified it to work on 0.4