Looking for php devs for a tronny project

Everything todo with programming goes HERE.
takburger
Match Winner

Looking for php devs for a tronny project

Post by takburger »

I've been wondering a lot about posting this but finally I come here as I wont have enough time to do everything myself.

So, I've been working on a project related to tron for few weeks. It hasn't gone too far as I'm super busy.

This is why I'm coming here, to propose to a willing developer to fill my skeleton with php scripting.

The project:

It started as a clan, but finally I'm just planning on giving it to everyone. It is a clan management website, not using any CMS (it would've been too complicated to use a CMS).

Your question now is: why would someone make a new site when clans use forums & stuff. Because I truly believe forums are counter productive and come from another era, we have to wake up and understand, forum is too heavy for today's internet standards.

So I came up with another organization of the whole stuff, to stress information accessibility, enhance the social part and make the website a tool for players instead of a burden to carry.

I talked and showed some screenshots to some of the people within the community, but I prefer to keep it half secret for now and come up someday with a usable version (there will always be many developments to add).

The amount of time for the php part is not that important, it is really light. If you're in, let's talk I will describe the thing further.

Cheers.
tak
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Re: Looking for php devs for a tronny project

Post by bilbo baggins »

yeh ive seen the screenie and some idea's for this site, its amazing what tak has come up with and if i knew anything about computers i would jump at this to help, sadly im a dumb jock who knows shit all

so dont waste time, make haste! join the takman!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

More will be accomplished if you don't keep the project "half secret" or secret at all. Think "open source."
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

It'll be open when first version is released.
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

I see Tak's point, he just wants something that's presentable. Releasing something that's kinda half baked might be a bit embarrassing. Best of luck with the site, sounds like a great idea!
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

takburger wrote:Because I truly believe forums are counter productive and come from another era, we have to wake up and understand, forum is too heavy for today's internet standards.
Now that hurts but I understand... :(

Anyway, I know what you mean. Like my BattleMania (it's a server) I am building. I've given up trying to build it several times but I had morale support. Thanks to that and after months of hard work (studies, assignments and exams + work) I finally got the main engine ready. I did all of this on my own with long hours of spending valuable time testing and playing around until I got things going right! You can check it out at my forums anyway since I made a post about it to everyone: http://forums.vertrex.8ing.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87

Good luck with your project! ;)
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

All threads related to this are really old, But it looks like you are trying to make the new and improved DDL site maybe version 15.0 (i forgot what version we where on)
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

kyle wrote:All threads related to this are really old, But it looks like you are trying to make the new and improved DDL site maybe version 15.0 (i forgot what version we where on)
I have no idea what it is, but i'd be interested to look into it :)
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Hey you guys.. hey!!! I need help for a project but I'm not going to give you any info about it. u interested?!?!

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

AI-team wrote:Hey you guys.. hey!!! I need help for a project but I'm not going to give you any info about it. u interested?!?!
Fair point, but I think I gave some info, also I openly say that I will give info to the people that contact me.

Anyway, when some more steps will be done I'll put a beta version online so I can get your feedback at least.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

So I'm happy to announce that we discussed with AI and that he seem to be able to dedicate some time to the project as well.

Being both very busy, I'm not announcing any release date.

I had many recent ideas about next versions of the site, and even if we launch something there will forever be things to develop... So I guess we still can get extra hands (even tho the first version is very light to code).
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

if anyone else is interested and knows how to use git, feel free to contact me :P

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

So I created a Github acc : takburger. Add me :)
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

alright I created the repo and added you as a collabotator. I'm currently deciding whether or not we're going to use vagrant, but I'm actually leaning towards using it

AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

if anyone's interested, here are some technical details on the project:

for the backend we are going to use laravel and mysql and in order to seperate backend and frontend as much as possible, we are going to implement a REST API from which the frontend will get the data. the frontend will be powered by angular and is most likely going to be a SPA (single-page-application). we're also going to use bootstrap for the admin panel and foundation for the actual "user"-frontend

edit: oh and a neat statistics: lines of code: 0, lines of documentation: almost 300 :D