Alpha Project - Jumbo Package - New Year

Everything todo with programming goes HERE.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Alpha Project - Jumbo Package - New Year

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Hello guys. I have been working recently on this package for the release of next year. It's quite cool and it has included some very nice features. Some of these features and commands are already available.

You can check the commit / update of our 0.2.9-armagetronad-sty+ct+ap branch located in launchpad through the link either in the name provided earlier or click on my signature image and it'll redirect you to it.

@Trunk Users
After going through a painful lesson of trying to implement your tab completion script, I gave up. Instead I came up with my own code that works extremely like your own :D It's quite good, nice and simple to implement. After going through endless of gAutoComplete functions, I think this should simplify things I hope :)

The function for it can be located at line: 4463. It's strange that the whole launchpad is treating the code as if I rewrote the entire lot :P

Right now it can be used in /msg /shout and /admin and "Con: ". You'll see anyway, read NEWS-BRANCH for extra info ;)

Happy new year, everyone :)
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Re: Alpha Project - Jumbo Package - New Year

Post by LOVER$BOY »

I've also updated my wiki page to have revisions included in them as well. You can find them here. Keep checking them occasionally as I do keep updating Alpha Project server builds and stuff like that.

I am still waiting for a reply from Z-Man to when he will get sty+ct+ap branch into the Armagetron Advanced Sourceforge builds. Once he get it going, I'm sure we'll have Linux, Windows and Mac OS builds as I can't build for Linux or Mac myself.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Haha this sounds cool, but I have no idea what it means,
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

LOL!

A typical response I expected from those not aware of what Alpha Project does. Let me recap.

Description
Alpha Project is a group of people working hard on improving the game style of tron. We program the game's clients and servers and then distribute them freely for everyone to use. The improvements we made to the games are:

New Commands
New Features

All of these can only be found in the Windows builds. Because I am the only one among my project members who works in Windows, I cannot build Linux or Mac OS builds. That's why I am hoping to get it going as soon as Z-Man fixes some problems of his own. After which, I'm sure people will start enjoying the use of our system.

Features List
The list of features are:
  • Tab Completion for filling in some completed names. Works for both commands and player names.
  • * indicator before player's name if they are typing something or simply being idle (Windows not being active)
  • *DEAD* Tag is displayed locally to those who are dead. Spectators don't deserve a tag :P
  • Map/Config rotation to rotate maps/configs around the round or match randomly or in an orderly fashion
  • Map/Config Queueing which halts Map/Config rotation. If Queue is not empty, it loads maps/configs from the queue every round. After completion and the queue is empty, normal map/config rotation will continue from where it left off.
  • Race Timer and Adding scores. This is a very nice feature if your a racing manic. Set up your maps, get settings organised and start racing! Time records are also recorded depending on the settings.
  • Map DTD Features. We have officially released our Alpha Project's DTD. map-0.2.9_styctap_v1.0.dtd. It contains the most amazing features of all. Instead of using DELAY_COMMAND -1 SPAWN_ZONE to place maps or have them move about, you can now using <Move /> Element inside of <ShapeCircle> to get the zones moving about. All related attributes are located in our DTD.
View our list of commands here: List of Commands
Last edited by LOVER$BOY on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Well, now that you have updated the Alpha project to .2.9, I will be using it on some of my servers. I was just waiting for you to bring it up to .2.9 since I do use a few features of .2.9. The new DTD does look promising.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Comp, you should subscribe to our project and keep up-to-date with latest. I shouldn't need to make a post to report this awesome update :P

Well actually I was waiting for new years eve but then realised that's WAY TOO LONG :P

So instead I contented myself with releasing the extra new features a few days earlier than the new year. I'm still making adjustments to the code where I think is a problem or needs improvements. I've already implemented

Code: Select all

HIGHLIGHT_NAME             # if set to 1, highlights our names in strings in our name's color and everything.
ENABLE_MATES_CASING        # if set to 0, when searching for mates, the case sensitivity will be removed.
While that is all going on, I am also working on a new system for filling usernames in servers. Might not actually implement it but we'll see how it goes. If it fails twice, I'll throw it in the garbage.

I hope the new features available now are useful and are treating you guys well. Maybe, sometime in the future, I'm thinking if adding <Zone delay="">. That delay="" is the number of seconds before that zone can be spawned. Does anyone wish for that attribute for the zones?
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

LOVER$BOY wrote:LOL!

A typical response I expected from those not aware of what Alpha Project does. Let me recap.

Description
Alpha Project is a group of people working hard on improving the game style of tron. We program the game's clients and servers and then distribute them freely for everyone to use. The improvements we made to the games are:

New Commands
New Features

All of these can only be found in the Windows builds. Because I am the only one among my project members who works in Windows, I cannot build Linux or Mac OS builds. That's why I am hoping to get it going as soon as Z-Man fixes some problems of his own. After which, I'm sure people will start enjoying the use of our system.

Features List
The list of features are:
  • Tab Completion for filling in some completed names. Works for both commands and player names.
  • * indicator before player's name if they are typing something or simply being idle (Windows not being active)
  • *DEAD* Tag is displayed locally to those who are dead. Spectators don't deserve a tag :P
  • Map/Config rotation to rotate maps/configs around the round or match randomly or in an orderly fashion
  • Map/Config Queueing which halts Map/Config rotation. If Queue is not empty, it loads maps/configs from the queue every round. After completion and the queue is empty, normal map/config rotation will continue from where it left off.
  • Race Timer and Adding scores. This is a very nice feature if your a racing manic. Set up your maps, get settings organised and start racing! Time records are also recorded depending on the settings.
  • Map DTD Features. We have officially released our Alpha Project's DTD. map-0.2.9_styctap_v1.0.dtd. It contains the most amazing features of all. Instead of using DELAY_COMMAND -1 SPAWN_ZONE to place maps or have them move about, you can now using <Move /> Element inside of <ShapeCircle> to get the zones moving about. All related attributes are located in our DTD.
View our list of commands here: List of Commands
This helps make it sound less like gibberish :D

Thanks for clarifying.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

LOL!

I too know the feeling of being lost in a endless maze of words and sentences :P

Anyway, I've made a few more additions to the code and DTD. Find the latest revisions here