General - welcome + 1 "rule"

Everything todo with programming goes HERE.
n54
MVP

General - welcome + 1 "rule"

Post by n54 »

hehe i like this (being moderator for this little part of the forum). i'll try to make it cozy for all *puts cactii in the windowstill + mood lights* :P

ok, i expect a lot of questions on cobol, fortran, pascal, bash, ada, lisp, tcl, delphi, python, and asp... don't expect too many answers from me :mrgreen:

notice: since this is the "anything else" part of programming it can easily become chaotic over time: i'd like topic creators to start their subject (title) with the name of the language the topic concerns. if it isn't about any specific language start it with Genereal

examples:
"Python - how do i use pjava?"
"Bash - startup folder in linux"
"Flash MX" (hehe loc) :D

*free organic beverages for all*
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

can u please start a sticky for url's node? thx
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

ok a sticky "url's for various programming languages" <-- something like that?
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

sure, sounds good...
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

ok hope i don't step on any ppl's toes but i've cleaned up a bit here

since all the different programming folders got put together it's even more important than before to keep to the rule i think, in a few years time it will make finding what you're looking for a lot easier.

i've changed almost all topic names to reflect the rule, unfortunately when i tried correcting a duplicate topic (it had been moved before the folders got put together again and so we had both the original and the moved one now) it deleted both of them.

the topic i'm talking about is the one marrow used to ask about using txt-files directly in html (the answer was to use php), unless you mind a lot marrow shall we just let it rest? otherwise i'll have to ask Tank to recreate it from the old db - sorry about that one guy's *will rtm on phpBB next time* :oops: