Looking for Moderators, Again.

News, what's going on with... Anything...
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Looking for Moderators, Again.

Post by Tank Program »

I'm going through and re-organizing the moderators, at last. And I'm looking for forum regulars with at least 100 posts to volunteer for any area they feel like. And just to clarify, most of the existing moderators are no longer moderators unless I felt that they were doing their work very well. I want people to take this seriously. I do not like having to deal with every little thing. And, as the school year progresses I probably will not have time to read every thing. So, I'm looking for people for the following areas...

- Strategy (1)
-- Team Strategies (1)
-- Lag (1)
- Development (1)
- General (2)
- Support (0)
-- Armagetron Advanced 0.2.7.0 (1)
-- Armagetron Original (2)
-- Server Administration/Setup (2)
- Really General (2)

I'm afraid if I do not getting people stepping up, I will have to do something drastic, like disable the forums for a day. This is something which cannot be over-looked. I'm serious, we need to have these people in case something happens to me. I've got people in all the other sections. So if you've got some spare time everyday, please. You only have to volunteer for one area. You can volunteer for two or three even. I will say now that in some areas I will be picky and require you to have some expertise in that area. So pick something that suits you and sign-up. And once again. In 5 days if I do not have people for all of these positions, the forums will be disabled for a day. Then enabled for 5, disabled for 1, continuing until I have people for all these positions.

Thank you in advance.
klax
Project Developer

Post by klax »

Tank: I visit and read the posts every day of these sections:

-- Lag (1)
- Development (1)
- Support (0)
-- Armagetron Advanced 0.2.7.0 (1)
-- Armagetron Original (2)

If you want my help for these subforums I am here ;)
Can you explain the daily tasks of a moderator?
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

On that note, I'm quitting these forums. It's not that I care about being a moderator. But I'm sick of things being handled completley wrong (my opinon). In the real world people communicate directly if there are thing you like or not like. And frankly I dont care to dealt in this way.

If people want to stay in contact. You can email me at:

subby (at) swiftparrot.com

or go to my web site... cheers

It's been fun while it lasted

Subby

p.s. you might see me on the g.rid some times
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

email sent, subby.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Tank, I could do all of the below

- General
- Really General (I know can get out of hand sometimes, lol)
-Strategy
-Team Strategy
-Armagetron Original

I am on the forums everyday Tank, and look at all posts that are new. I know I would do a good job, and PS Tank,

205 now. lol
Freewheelin'56
Round Winner

Post by Freewheelin'56 »

One day oh no don't. Hope you get your mod's.
Freewheelin'58 I want Goshdarn back!!
Great Googly Moogly
k
Random Identifier & Project Developer

Post by k »

Could you please define the responsibilities of a moderator? Thanks.
che
Core Dumper

Post by che »

aw, this forum is axis of my netlife, would hate to see it disabled for even a minute. seriously, i was going insane last weekend without tron, guru and all of you
can i help, in realy general ? time is all i have, and that forum seams to asks for minimal to none moderating

EDIT: i know i'm not posting so much, but i do read all of it, starting always at realy general :D
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Yes, if I get chosen for RG che could help me, I know he is on alot, less then me though.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

PS Tank, Incase you are too busy to nitice, subby left, he was a moderator, dso I guess you will need 1 extra?
che
Core Dumper

Post by che »

nnnnno no no
hope he is still around
i completly simpatise with u subby: one of reasons i like this forums is lack of interferance by modderators. that is not going to change, who ever takes the job. i just love how no topic here ever speaks of hmm its topic longer than 3 or 4 posts. more directing and helping new players /members may be neccesary, but i dont think tank would ever change anything else
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

hmmmmmmm. Yes, tank is good at keeping the forum together
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

I'm quitting the forum too.

Love you guys (and girls), peace.
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

@che:
you know you can use the NEW POSTS link to find exactly what's new instead of sorting thru the categories by hand?

and i do like the freeform nature of this forum, at least moreso in the past, anyway. the magic of this place has kind of left for the time being, possibly because some of my favorite ppl aren't really around anymore, possibly for other reasons that i can't put my finger on at the moment. so i think i'm going to take a little vacation from here and see how that works out. in the meantime i'll still be at VPF and probably spend a little time at SWIFTPARROT and possibly HINTERLANDS since the guy seems to be relaunching that once very cool site.

@marrow:
sorry to hear that. and do you have any plans for arma-advanced at this point?

EDIT: the lack of an IGNORE feature also gets to be a serious drag after a while. i personally am tired of reading posts from ppl who basically spam-post endlessly or seem to have nothing to contribute but babble or who just want attention. admittedly it's a very small # of these ppl but i feel like they're always in my face. on top of that, rudeness does not help, even if it's directed at other people, not myself.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Noooo! Marrow, why are you leaving?!?!

I want you to stay around. :cry:

First subby, now Marrow!

Will I still see Marrow on the grid?

I just dont get it.

Everytime when I would sign on I would 1st look to see whos online, and when I saw a name in green I was happy because they always had good things to say, especially Marrow, It just wont be the same.