Looking for Moderators, Again.

News, what's going on with... Anything...
klax
Project Developer

Post by klax »

What is happening with the people in these forums?

First a few valuable developers (personally I miss subby), now marrow, ...
Don't know why but all the people that is leaving were involved in Armagetron Advanced :cry:

marrow: what is the status of armagetronad project? Will you continue as a project manager? Which are the reasons you are leaving?

Oh! I'm sad because a lot of strange things are happening... :(
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Me 2, I'm ganna miss Marrow
Freewheelin'56
Round Winner

Post by Freewheelin'56 »

Ya, bummer that people are leaving, Will miss them. Sometimes more important things crop up or emotions play a part, and when you get older :D other things need to be attened to rather than a game or chating :(
Hope things go well for Subby and Marrow.

There are still a lot of good people here and i'm sure more will come. Around and around we go. :)
Freewheelin'58 I want Goshdarn back!!
Great Googly Moogly
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

But when you pass a certian age you can chat all you want
---> freewheelin'55 lol
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

klax wrote:marrow: what is the status of armagetronad project? Will you continue as a project manager? Which are the reasons you are leaving?

Oh! I'm sad because a lot of strange things are happening... :(
Like subby, I was kicked off the moderation team here at the forum without notification.

However, to answer the questions:
1. Armagetronad will continue.
2. I'll continue as Armagetronad project admin.
3. I'm leaving the forum because I don't agree with the direction the forum is heading.

I can be reached at [email protected] should anybody need to contact me.
Marrow

Post by Marrow »

Also, since I expected people to respect my decisions as project admin for Armagetron Advanced (however unpopular those decisions were), I respect the decisions Tank makes in his forum.

It's nothing personal, I'm sure. As far as I know, Tank and I have no issues on a personal level.

He's just doing what he feels is best for the forum.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

But you can stay on the forums cant you :cry:
Seleucus
Project Graphics Designer

Post by Seleucus »

Tank i have never really had a huge workload with forums, since the coliseum is gone and i said u could delete it, and the other area i manage is usually not very active. So if you want to keep me on as moderator you can but if you see fit to remove me pending other post.http://guru3.sytes.net/viewtopic.php?t=961

-Seleucus
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Deleted by me, Zap.
Last edited by Zapple on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

However, that type of thing should stay where it is.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

I've decided that having moderators causes too many issues. I will continue to read all of the forums and moderate it myself. You may ask why, and I'll tell. I'm not happy with how this has turned out. I realise that this has been my fault in part, and I accept that. I have not communicated properly in many cases causing events to occur which I simply did not forsee. These mistakes have caused me to loose people that are very valuable to the forums and I do not wish to make that mistake again. I'm deeply sorry to Subby, Marrow, and any others I may have caused to leave due to my inexperience with forums. I hope that one day you will return.

To all those that wished to be moderators this time, I'm also very sorry. However, I simply cannot risk a set of events like this happening another a few months down the road.

So, once again, to everyone, sorry for my major fuckup.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Argh!
Marrow

Post by Marrow »

Tank Program wrote:I've decided that having moderators causes too many issues. I will continue to read all of the forums and moderate it myself. You may ask why, and I'll tell. I'm not happy with how this has turned out. I realise that this has been my fault in part, and I accept that. I have not communicated properly in many cases causing events to occur which I simply did not forsee. These mistakes have caused me to loose people that are very valuable to the forums and I do not wish to make that mistake again. I'm deeply sorry to Subby, Marrow, and any others I may have caused to leave due to my inexperience with forums. I hope that one day you will return.

To all those that wished to be moderators this time, I'm also very sorry. However, I simply cannot risk a set of events like this happening another a few months down the road.

So, once again, to everyone, sorry for my major fuckup.
I screwed up too. Since this post is from over three years ago, it's definitely in the past.

It appears Tank left an open invitation to return to the forum, so I'm returning. I hope others do the same.

Also, I received a private message from Seleucus. It's good to know some of the old timers are still active.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

No worries marrow, and welcome back.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Guess I'll make an appearence in here also, welcome back Marrow :)